Keeping phone charged all night

Ron_Who

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this question has been asked before, I'm still kind of new and I rarely come here.

Will keeping my phone on the charger all night (even past full 100% charge) affect the battery?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this question has been asked before, I'm still kind of new and I rarely come here.

Will keeping my phone on the charger all night (even past full 100% charge) affect the battery?
No, once your battery gets up to full even though your phone is still plugged into charger it stops the charging process. So you can not go pass 100% if you left it on all night.
Now Bump charging is a different story for another time! As for you, your safe to keep it plugged in all night.

Ron_Who

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
No, once your battery gets up to full even though your phone is still plugged into charger it stops the charging process. So you can not go pass 100% if you left it on all night.
Now Bump charging is a different story for another time! As for you, your safe to keep it plugged in all night.
So, I can pretty much have my Pandora app running all night and it shouldn't affect anything? Well that's a relief, I need my tunes playing. :D

What exactly is "bump charging"?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
So, I can pretty much have my Pandora app running all night and it shouldn't affect anything? Well that's a relief, I need my tunes playing. :D

What exactly is "bump charging"?
Yes your fine playing Pandora all night. I play tunin radio all day when I am at work. While on charger.

Bump charging is a process of charging the phone pass 100%, which requires a couple of steps.
You can do a search for it on the forums to learn more.

sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did