Questions on Roms/Kernel mixtures..

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I first tried the CM7 2.3.5 (9-19-2011 RC1-IHO-Kraven) with XioniaRedux, and I had some random freezing (even after I did several wipes and reinstalls -- like complete wipe/cache/dalvik cleared, then reinstallation)...sometimes I would get a FC on the initial setup after first boot, sometimes it would be later on, like trying to open a web page or something..

So now I'm using GingerKernel -v03 and the same CM7 (9-19-2011)...

Am I doing something wrong, or a kernel I should be using rather than these?

Also, I formatted my SDCard by accident, and now there's nothing left on it..

Might be a stupid question, but does Superuser.apk, busybox, and su need to be on the SDcard somewhere, or does that matter once I am rooted?

I still have root (And I"m ZVD, of course with the baseband), and I can fire up adb shell and it's root when it runs...)

So I was just curious if those files needed to be on the actual sdcard, as I'm not seeing if they make a difference...
I kinda hate that I lost my pics, but my stock rom was sync'd with Google+ and Picasa, so everything is on my Picasa web albums anyway..

THanks for the help, and sorry if I might've asked a somewhat dumb question (today was my first day of learning how to root, and so far I haven't bricked anything or torn it up -- though I did get stuck when I force flashed the VCD back to it...because the reboot didn't do anything but take me to the LG loading screen, over and over. I finally did a clear/wipe/cache wipe and got back in, then did the Gingerbreak, and voila)

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Should have posted in the roms and kernels section but someone here will probably have the answer... Good luck. If I wasn't at work and on my phone I would try to help out too.

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
ginger kernel is for VH baseband you can try with VD but you will have more issues. Try using Drews stable CM7 from the root/hacks area. That rom seems better to me (flash the latest Redux kernel after installing the rom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen