What apps do you use to keep non-rooted optimus clean/fast ?

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Good Morning
I had been using history cleaner pro to help keep my optimus S from Sprint clean, and getting rid of alot of extra cache, but lately the apk, just has not been working properly. I am currently trying a variety of other apk's to see if they work with this phone.

I am just curious, what app's do you use to keep your optimus running tight. I know, I know I should root, but I have not..for a variety of reasons.

Thank you in advance for anything you can share.

:confused:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You are correct: you should root. :)

The Sprintware was a significant impedance to the performance of the device for me. Most ROM's do not include it. But you need to root to remove it or use a custom ROM.

When I started venturing away from some of the stock apps for daily functions, the redundancy of and persistence of the stock apps starting at boot and randomly was a nuisance and a waste of the limited resources. App Quarantine was a big help in controlling what would run at startup. But it requires rooting...

Finally, SD-Booster allows me to realize the speed boost that came with my SD card upgrade. And it requires rooting...

Removing bloat and getting a speed increase was a motivator in going for it with rooting. All of the apps I list above do require root, but they do not require any sort of fancy partitioning or overclocking to achieve results.

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Android Assistant is an amazing (and free) app which allow you to do a ton of things (including clearing cache, killing apps on start-up, moving apps to sd card, etc).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo