Headphone jack broken?

TupacShaquer

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
When I try to listen to music I can hear it perfectly with the speakers but once I connect in the headphones I can only hear the background . For example : Eminem - Stan , I can't hear any of eminems lines but I hear the beat and when the chorus comes with the one lady I can hear that .

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I was fishing a piece of lint out and screwed up one of the metal rings that contact the headphone plug...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had this from bad earbuds--I'd only hear part of the music which would sound like it was coming from the back of a deep cave. Granted, I usually buy rather inexpensive earbuds, but still you expect these things to work right. And usually they do. But I had to replace my last pair because the connecting end didn't make the proper contact with the jack, unless I rotated the connection point to be just so. I usually use a right-angle adapter, or even two of them, so at first I thought that was the culprit. But no; other old headphones we have lying around the house worked fine.

It was ridiculous and totally unacceptable, and a shame besides, because apart from the main issue of not working right, that set of earbuds was well made, with sturdy cables I wouldn't have had to worry about breaking or wearing out. If only they'd worked right.

Reactions: TupacShaquer

myminh

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
If you still can hear both L and R , accept with the missing vocal, it's likely the main signal is cancelling out. You might be able to listen in mono if you have access to alter the balance. Moving the balance all the way to the left or right might offset the cancelling and restore the voices, although in mono now. This happened to me. Hope this help.

mmmeho

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
If you still can hear both L and R , accept with the missing vocal, it's likely the main signal is cancelling out. You might be able to listen in mono if you have access to alter the balance. Moving the balance all the way to the left or right might offset the cancelling and restore the voices, although in mono now. This happened to me. Hope this help.