SD Card port shot?

jzee420

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
About a week or 2 ago I had forgotten to charge my phone and it died on me. I pluged it in and it proceded to flash the pre-boot screen over and over. I'm to the point of fixing it, but can't get the damn thing to read a single SD card. If it helps I was previously rooted and uninstalled it thinking it could of been part of the issue. I can get it to charge on my comp, boot up and even get it into ADB, but the PC reads it as not having card inserted (though it's in there) and every time I run a rooting utility (Gingersnap, KDZ or KP500) it says "permission denied" when it tries to move the files. Did I fry the card port, or could it be a system thing? I know there's Devs out there who could solve this one. And, btw, thanx to all the Devs who post here. I'd tried out all the ROMs out there and couldn't pick which one I liked the best. Thank you.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Mines done that many times. Take the battery out and you see the plastic that covers the sdcard pins? Take that off , and push the pins down.

jzee420

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Any other sugestions nigel? I was sure it would work, but my OptiS is being a stubborn Bword. I'm assuming the pins need to be flat against the card, or just the ends of the port pins? Could it be a software issue or strictly hardware? Maybe you or someone knows of some diagnostic software for WinXP. Sorry 'bout the string of questions. Just wanna keep the posts to a minimum. Oh, and thanx for replying "thenameisnigel". Didn't think anyone would respond.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Just the ends. And it's hardware-based. Mines had done that for a few weeks, and then it started working out of the blue like two months later. I bought a new phone (Epic 4G Touch) so it's pretty good. :) I would advise an upgrade unless you're under warranty.