Can I make Voice Search offer app (MixZing) in "Complete Action Using" menu? (On DanteROM.)

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Can I make Voice Search offer app (MixZing) in "Complete Action Using" menu? (On DanteROM.)

On Android 2.3 if I open Google Voice Search and say, e.g. "Play Beatles", it will provide a pop-up menu asking to "Complete Action Using: Pandora, WinAmp, or YouTube". I want Voice Search to give me the option to complete the action using the MixZing (v. 3.7.2) music player app which I have installed and set as my default music player, but it's like Android doesn't realize that MixZing is a music player option. Is there any way to do this?

chronicle

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can I make Voice Search offer app (MixZing) in "Complete Action Using" menu? (On DanteROM.)

I think it doesn't recognize that the player can run those files; or it just can't. I'll have to look further into it and see if I can help you any further :)

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can I make Voice Search offer app (MixZing) in "Complete Action Using" menu? (On DanteROM.)

I think that I may have oversimplified the problem because Android not only has to recognize that MixZing can play music files but Android would also have to have a way to pass the verbal music request (song or artist, etc.) to MixZing when launching MixZing (like Android does with other music players, like WinAmp). I guess MixZing may have to fix their app to set such hooks. If I'm wrong and there's anything that I can do to get it to work properly, I'd really appreciate the help.