USB tethering?

Time_Lord

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I know I can tether via WIFI (rooted or without root) but can I tether via USB?

My previously rooted (POS) Hero had an option when running 2.2 allowing me to tether via USB. (at least the phone wouldn't overheat that way, haven't had an overheating problem on the LG)

thanks,
-TL

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
How much data would be considered "obscene"? o_O

I have no idea, and so far I haven't heard of anyone getting hit with an extra charge because of excessive data caused by tethering. However, if you use it as your primary home internet connection, seeding torrents and downloading full length movies or other online activities that don't normally happen from a phone and eat up gigs and gigs of data, you are no doubt going against Sprint's terms of service. Basically, all I was saying is that using PDAnet or the wifi tether exploit gives us for free what Sprint wants us to pay for.

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
In the Bytes section, which is upload and which is download? Also, what does the "M" stand for in this section? For example:

Bytes: 5.02M / 26.4M

Thanks!

mexiking10

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
In the Bytes section, which is upload and which is download? Also, what does the "M" stand for in this section? For example:

Bytes: 5.02M / 26.4M

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the 5.02 is the up, and 26.4 the down. I believe the M stands for Mega, as in 5.02/26.4 Megabytes.

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I hear 5gb is the max you should go for. I have hit 10 before on rare occasions, but I've always heard that Sprint will cut you down if you go over 5gb too often.

Another solution would be Easy Tether. Not quite as popular as PDANet, but pretty easy to set up and the Trial doesn't seem to be time limited; although some features are restricted (you can't use IM clients, secure sites, etc). It's also cheaper, and really easy to set up in a pinch (say you come home exhausted from work and you find out there's a massive internet outage in your area D: ). The company is also decent, I used their tethering software on my Centro and loved it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress