Someone please help! New User :)

jswhitwo

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I just got the Optimus, and overall, I love it. I have a couple questions though:

1. Whenever someone calls, it verbally says their name outloud, and then the ringtone follows... how do I turn off the verbal part of it? I don't need to know who is calling... that's what caller ID is for. Help!

2. I used to have the HTC Hero, and in my contact list, I could link their facebook page to their contact name. Their picture would show up and I could get to their facebook that way. Is there any way to link my contact list with facebook with the Optimus?

Thanks so much!

jswhitwo

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Fixed the facebook part

I got the facebook synced, but I'm still having a lot of trouble with the speech portion. Not only does it do it when someone calls, but it's doing it with some text messages too... please help! this is driving me crazy!

sabauman

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
You may have "accessibility" in settings turned on. Click menu>accessibility and see if anything is checked there. That's my best guess

jswhitwo

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I got it figured out. I had to call Sprint and they did a hard reset on my phone, restoring it back to factory settings. They aren't sure why the phone was doing it, but according to them, it shouldn't have been happening. Thanks everyone!

dickylove

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, well I narrowed it down. Something in the SprintID: "socially connected" actives it. I removed the ID, and it doesn't do it anymore....

mikebind

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The same thing randomly started happening to me. I didn't have the Socially Connected sprint ID installed, but I did have the Home Base one, which included something called Privus Mobile and I think that may have been the culprit. No one has called me since I uninstalled it a few minutes ago, so I'm not sure, but I really don't know what else it could have been. I'll post here again if uninstalling it didn't fix it.

onlybuilt1906

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Heck, I WANT this feature to announce incoming calls. I miss voice command dearly from my WinMo Treo Pro. Accessibility> TalkBack announces every single little thing on the screen. Any idea how to get my Optimus to only announce incoming calls?

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The same thing was happening to me on my Charge and it was driving me crazy and I REALLY didn't want to do a hard reset. So I was going through every setting I could to figure out what it was and under voice input/output there's a text to speech option and under that was "driving mode" which I had apparently activated. So I unchecked it and voila! No more annoying lady announcing my business to everyone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non