LG Optimus Q (Straighttalk android) HELP!

lillie jackson

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
It's also known as LU2300. Anyways, I got the phone yesterday, activated it and everything. I got home last night (I don't have service at home, I live in the middle of nowhere) turned on my wifi connection, and my internet and everything worked awesomely. Then I woke up this morning, and it says that there is no connection, though it is, in fact, connected, it shows full bars for my wifi. It's weird because it will go on youtube, and my browser works, to an extent, but it won't let me go to the market, or play any games that require a connection. I've tried turning my phone on and off, turning my wifi on and off, and restarting my router, I don't know what to do. :(

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It might be saying No Connection simply because you're without a mobile network connection. I don't know if wifi counts. Toggle Airplane Mode (via the power button) and call a doctor in the morning if the problem persists.

Welcome to Android. You can save a lot of juice by turning Airplane Mode on when you take your phone into a place with no signal.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

bhayden1994

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
It's also known as LU2300. Anyways, I got the phone yesterday, activated it and everything. I got home last night (I don't have service at home, I live in the middle of nowhere) turned on my wifi connection, and my internet and everything worked awesomely. Then I woke up this morning, and it says that there is no connection, though it is, in fact, connected, it shows full bars for my wifi. It's weird because it will go on youtube, and my browser works, to an extent, but it won't let me go to the market, or play any games that require a connection. I've tried turning my phone on and off, turning my wifi on and off, and restarting my router, I don't know what to do. :(

SAME HERE. its got to be the most frustrating thing ever. Did you figure out how to fix it?

rick358

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem. The solution was to change the WiFi sleep setting. I asked this question on another forum and the solution was in the Wireless & networks>wi-fi settings>menu>advanced>wi-fi sleep policy>never. This will lower the battery time some.

Reactions: tiffanymarch

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
LG L55C = Straight Talk/Net10 "LG Optimus Q"
LU2300 = Much NICER Korean LG
I have no clue why they chose to use the same name in two countries. You may find certain forums that say LG Optimus Q2... this is also not the Straight Talk/Net10 LG Optimus Q.
They're completely different phones.

As to your question... IF you have your Google Account setup in the phone, you should see the status bar and/or the wifi signal turn green when its synced with google. IME, if it doesn't turn green pretty quick I'm not synced and therefore do not have a signal. "Forget" the router you're using in Wireless settings and then reload it using your router password. Try again.

dinah_smiley

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to download the drivers for the OQ. I have tried all the ones I could find but none work. You guys all seem to have moved past this point. Could you please point me in the right direction to the straight talk lg OQ drivers? Please please please.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You're in the wrong section you should be in the virgin mobile optimus slider section, but go to lgs website and download their mobile support tool and you want the drivers for the l55c. Also delete/uninstall any drivers you've already installed prior first.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

ccinthecountry

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi Rick358,

Can you please tell me how you got to the wi-fi sleep policy on your phone? I have an LG Optimus Q and I'm desperately trying to connect to my work's wi-fi network with it. I show connected but can't make calls. I can't find 'menu' under my wi-fi settings... Thanks!

krisjerran

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem with the Wifi showing connected, but no actual connection. There seems to be a problem with the wi-fi driver on this phone (the LFL55C) getting stuck. The workaround I use is a free app in the Play Store called Wifi Fixer. It detects when the Wifi is turned on and intermittently pings the gateway to see if the connection is functional. If it gets no reply, it resets the connection. Since I've installed it I've almost never had a noticeable problem with my WiFi connection.

Last edited:

tiffanymarch

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday when I first woke up my phone was connected to wifi and it was working fine. When I left my bedroom and came downstairs to the living room it stopped working. It says that it is connected but the status bar is not turning green and nothing will work (browser, facebook, textplus app). I wanted to download the wifi fixer to see if it will work but how am I supposed to download anything when the wifi isnt working? I'm on my computer right now and it is connected to the same wifi signal and it is working. Can anybody help me figure out what the problem is???????

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87