LG Stylo 4 makes beeping sounds while screen is off!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

Amber Pet

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
Re: My daughter has an LG Stylo 4 it keeps beeping sometimes it is random other when plugging in ch

My stylo 5 just started to do the same thing today. I've only had it for 2-3 weeks. I did a restart and it stopped. Now, I wait to see if it starts again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell, no one in this thread has tried Safe Mode yet, as suggested multiple times earlier on. There's not much point in suggesting other troubleshooting steps until someone actually tests the phone in Safe Mode.

Tx4J

Jul 10, 2020
Visit site
In safe mode there is no beep. The sound is not the default notification sound. It is the sound when you plug in the phone. I really do not want restore phone to factory.

Edit for Update: Simply putting the phone in safe mode then restarting the phone into normal mode seemed to fix the issue for me. At least for the last 10 minutes. Big thanks to all who suggested this resolution it was driving me crazy!

To put the phone into safe mode:
1) Press and hold the Power button.
2) Tap and hold Power off (on the screen).
3) When the Reboot to safe mode prompt appears, tap again or tap OK.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In safe mode there is no beep. The sound is not the default notification sound. It is the sound when you plug in the phone. I really do not want restore phone to factory.

Edit for Update: Simply putting the phone in safe mode then restarting the phone into normal mode seemed to fix the issue for me. At least for the last 10 minutes. Big thanks to all who suggested this resolution it was driving me crazy!

To put the phone into safe mode:
1) Press and hold the Power button.
2) Tap and hold Power off (on the screen).
3) When the Reboot to safe mode prompt appears, tap again or tap OK.

Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for the update! If the problem returns, then it's almost certainly some app that was user-installed. It can be tedious to figure out which exact app, though -- often, you have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non