Potentially switching to the V10 from the S6 Edge+

browetally

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering dumping AT&T and switching to Verizon. When I do that, I'm considering leaving the Galaxy S6 Edge+ for the LG V10. In the meantime I have some questions.

1. Does WIFI calling work with Verizon yet with the V10?
2. Has anyone in the US purchased the "OEM" wireless back from Amazon? I'm spoiled as I have a wireless cradle in my car and charging pad at the house for my S6 Edge+.
3. I've been testing the V10 on T-Mobile and noticed the keyboard is rather different from what Samsung does. What other options are there that might be similar to what I'm used to? Case in point, one of my passwords has 2 back-to-back capital letters so with my left thumb I hold down the shift key and key in the letters. When I let go it goes back to lower case. Not true with the V10 stock keyboard.

Thanks,
Brian

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
In regards to your keyboard question:
I don't really love the stock LG keyboard and immediately downloaded the Google one. Keyboards shouldn't be a deal breaker since you can just download any available on the play store

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Additionally, I've seen other posts with responses from LG that state the OEM back on amazon is real and functional. They're also under the V10 forum category.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
In regards to your keyboard question:
I don't really love the stock LG keyboard and immediately downloaded the Google one. Keyboards shouldn't be a deal breaker since you can just download any available on the play store

For me its the opposite. I love the stock keyboard. I love it because I have been able to resize the space bar. A God send for me. My hands are big and I would always have trouble hitting the space bar when it's tiny. I made it as large as possible and haven't been happier.

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
So I just downloaded the google keyboard. Uninstalled it within 5 minutes. Stock keyboard is better in my opinion.

I just preferred it due to the layout being more similar to the iphones, which I just came from, and the fact that I previously used a Moto E with that keyboard as a second phone. Easier transition for me, just providing a second option.

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
For me its the opposite. I love the stock keyboard. I love it because I have been able to resize the space bar. A God send for me. My hands are big and I would always have trouble hitting the space bar when it's tiny. I made it as large as possible and haven't been happier.

Im coming from an iPhone 5S... So any keyboard was a difficult transition. For me, I figured it'd be better to use the Google keyboard so that no matter what phone I get, I can always have it.