The address to send V10 for repair?

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
It went bad about 1.5 years ago but procrastinated with the repair, and it was out of warranty even then. I know they have that procedure online where they ask questions but I just need the address so I can send it there, because I got it used and do not have "proof of purchase", etc.

I just need the address of the LG repair facility.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Call LG support and explain the problem. They will email a shipping label that you can print. All of the instructions will be in the email. Hope it's as painless for you as it was for me.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Call LG support and explain the problem. They will email a shipping label that you can print. All of the instructions will be in the email. Hope it's as painless for you as it was for me.
This. They have to also issue an RMA (return material authorization) number for their internal tracking to make sure they properly repair and return your phone. If you just randomly send in your phone without going through their support, at best they will reject and return to sender. At worse, it may go into a bin and scrapped for parts. Without the RMA, they would have no idea what the phone is there for.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I went through the process, I suppose they created an rma but the final page they display is a rather generic:

Back Up Your Data

Your phone will be set to factory defaults. All data, pictures, music & contacts will be lost. Need help?

Retain your Add-ons & Box

Remove your SIM card, memory card, screen guard, and case from your device. These items will be discarded. Do not send your original packaging as it will also be discarded.

Battery Handling

Remove the battery cover and battery. Do not attempt to remove embedded batteries.

Include Documents

Please include a COPY of your Proof of Purchase. Retain the original purchase receipt for your records.

Prevent Damage

Cosmetic damage is not covered by LG. Package your device according to the carrier’s guidelines.

Drop Off / Pick Up

If shipping labels were provided, attach the label and drop off at FedEx or arrange for FedEx pick-up. Otherwise, please use a preferred shipping method to ship your device.
Ship your device to:

LG Wireless
2155 Eagle Parkway, Dock 2
Fort Worth, Texas 76177

gustav30

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I went through the process, I suppose they created an rma but the final page they display is a rather generic:

Back Up Your Data

Your phone will be set to factory defaults. All data, pictures, music & contacts will be lost. Need help?

Retain your Add-ons & Box

Remove your SIM card, memory card, screen guard, and case from your device. These items will be discarded. Do not send your original packaging as it will also be discarded.

Battery Handling

Remove the battery cover and battery. Do not attempt to remove embedded batteries.

Include Documents

Please include a COPY of your Proof of Purchase. Retain the original purchase receipt for your records.

Prevent Damage

Cosmetic damage is not covered by LG. Package your device according to the carrier’s guidelines.

Drop Off / Pick Up

If shipping labels were provided, attach the label and drop off at FedEx or arrange for FedEx pick-up. Otherwise, please use a preferred shipping method to ship your device.
Ship your device to:

LG Wireless
2155 Eagle Parkway, Dock 2
Fort Worth, Texas 76177
That is correct and fine. They won't mention Bootloop in any of the documents. I think they say something when it comes back like device wouldn't charge on USB cable. Fixed. When they really replaced the motherboard.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
That's what mine said too. Not charging with cable yet the repair was to replace main board.

Last edited:

gustav30

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
My V10 just bootlooped. It's ironic cause it was fine. A few weeks ago I applied the copper tape 'fix' prevention to help distribute the heat from the mmc and main processor better. So I've been doing a few more high end tasks on the V10 like more gaming, etc.
Anyway woke up to a bootlooped phone.

I opened a ticket on lg website. They took it and gave me a prepaid label to ship to them when I mentioned bootloop....

So hoping they will repair this 3 year old phone. I'm not even going to attempt to remove the copper tape I put on...so will be interesting what they do.

My other V10 they also replaced the broken display for free, so hoping they will take pitty on me.

gustav30

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
They did fix it. Hats off to LG for fixing a 3 year old V10. I mean I had the phone fully rooted, copper on SOC, so clearly had been opened.
Usually they take off screen protector during the repair, but they left mine on, which is great since it was a pricey one.