LG v20 factory reset

Vania1975

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Any v20 owners done a factory reset on their phone? I've had my v20 since November and maybe by doing a factory reset it'll get it back to a refreshed feel. I think mine maybe getting a bit bogged down.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Any v20 owners done a factory reset on their phone? I've had my v20 since November and maybe by doing a factory reset it'll get it back to a refreshed feel. I think mine maybe getting a bit bogged down.

Welcome to AC Forums

That will work assuming you don't re-install whatever is causing it to bog down. Case in point....Mine was giving me a rough time the other day and I think it was because I loaded an unusual amount of weather widgets while testing them. I took them off and a couple of recent apps and my phone was back to normal.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I just recently bit the bullet and did a full FDR and manually reinstalled my apps. I decided not to do it from a backup as I was afraid any settings or functions that were causing problems would carry over. So not only did I do the FDR but backed up everything on my SD card and dove in.

So now, a few days later after everything has settled in, I am very glad I did it. Everything seems to run much better now and my connectivity and poor call quality issues seem to have resolved. On top of that, battery life is STELLAR! Now with moderate use and quite a bit of music streaming, I am finishing out a 16 or so hour day with about 3 hours SOT and 50% or better battery life remaining. Not bad... not bad at all.

David

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I have to chuckle, I remember doing that with early (before xp) window computers. As much as things change sometimes the old ways still work.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have to chuckle, I remember doing that with early (before xp) window computers. As much as things change sometimes the old ways still work.

Oh yes, I'm probably "old" compared to most the forum members here, but back in the day, when our equipment at work was updated to the state of the art, modern Microsoft 3.1 spending hours reloading software just became a routine part of our jobs, but it did fix most of the problems every time.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Oh yes, I'm probably "old" compared to most the forum members here, but back in the day, when our equipment at work was updated to the state of the art, modern Microsoft 3.1 spending hours reloading software just became a routine part of our jobs, but it did fix most of the problems every time.

LOL windows 3.1. When in doubt delete and start all over.
It was fun just playing withe software. I get where the forum guys love just to tinker even when there is no true problem.
As I said sometimes.......

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Heck I've done it with Windows 10. Takes me a lot longer to set up my phone than my computer though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89