MYSTERY "G" in circle (Google?) watermark on screen

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, good point, unless they only have new ones in the store. You might be able to exchange the phone for one with an amoled screen or something.
Exchanges are handled through service centers. A store could set up the exchange, then it's shipped to you. You box up the defective of when everything is switched over, and mail that one off. It's fairly painless, but you won't get your replacement from the store itself.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Exchanges are handled through service centers. A store could set up the exchange, then it's shipped to you. You box up the defective of when everything is switched over, and mail that one off. It's fairly painless, but you won't get your replacement from the store itself.

Oh, sorry. Never actually had a warranty issue with my phones, just this one. As long as I can use my phone before the new one gets here, I won't go crazy. Thank you for the info.

IAmAbrupt

Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
You're not alone, I have a brand new Note 8 I got very recently. It's not a screen "burn in" this is literally fresh screen. I just believe it's a annoying watermark Google is now doing with certain devices or if you have a particular Google app on your phone.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a very faint, almost like a watermark, "G" on the far left side of the screen in the center. I tried to screen shot it but it won't? Any ideas what this is? Thanks

Can you screen shot it and circle where you see it? Maybe we can identify the issue. The V20 has an IPS LCD panel, which is susceptible to temporary image retention.. my laptop gets it all the time. It goes away.. usually happens if you have max brightness for too long and display bright or white icons. I even see screen retention on the 2nd screen sometimes, but be glad it's not permanent like AMOLED screens... I recently used a Galaxy S8 and the white keyboard theme burned in.. what a waste.. that's why LCD is more ideal for phones.

Download this app and let me know what you see. It's a screen test to show screen burn in and screen retention.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=la.marsave.fullscreentest

Woahitswelker

Dec 11, 2018
Visit site
I noticed a very faint, almost like a watermark, "G" on the far left side of the screen in the center. I tried to screen shot it but it won't? Any ideas what this is? Thanks

Did you ever figure this out? I noticed that about the top 2/3 of my screen is a slightly different color and there's a very faint very small Google logo just under the color difference on the left side. I don't have any apps that look like that. I'm on the Samsung S8Avtive.

Luh_Dom

Feb 22, 2019
Visit site
Did you ever figure this out? I noticed that about the top 2/3 of my screen is a slightly different color and there's a very faint very small Google logo just under the color difference on the left side. I don't have any apps that look like that. I'm on the Samsung S8Avtive.

Guys, it's from your keyboard. Everytime your keyboard pops up, if it's the new Google keyboard, there's a G from Google within a circle, always appearing in the same spot. So Everytime your keyboard pops up for you to type anything in, the G logo also pops up, and thus you have the burn in image.

Hope that helped.

Luiza

RTGent

Nov 8, 2017
Visit site
Guys, it's from your keyboard. Everytime your keyboard pops up, if it's the new Google keyboard, there's a G from Google within a circle, always appearing in the same spot. So Everytime your keyboard pops up for you to type anything in, the G logo also pops up, and thus you have the burn in image.

Hope that helped.

Luiza

Very good, Luiza, thanks. FWIW, I use the SwiftKey keyboard and avoided this problem: works great for swipe texting, etc., and no logo.