Name the reason(s) on what made the V20 great

#1 BEST reason why you bought the V20 (ONLY PICK 1)

• Total voters

gustav30

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Name only 1 reason why you picked the V20

DAC was my reason. I have the V10 and DAC is great. Of course the $360 sale price i got the V20 helped.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Couldn't pass up a great price ($360) for a great phone!
Where did you snag one at that price? My daughter is starting to have problems with her Nexus 5X and if I could find a good deal on the Verizon model I'd consider getting her a V20.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Where did you snag one at that price? My daughter is starting to have problems with her Nexus 5X and if I could find a good deal on the Verizon model I'd consider getting her a V20.

It was back in February of this year and it was a 1 day deal from T-Mobile. I ALMOST, I mean ALMOST paid $500 for the unlocked version at B&H 2 weeks before that! Thankfully, I was too slow to get that deal and when the $360 1 day deal from TMO showed up, I pounced in it!

Not sure where you could snatch one up for VZ at that price but I'm sure you could look for one online for a good deal. Good luck!

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

The bigger screen.

It was between this and the Moto Z and I was ready to try out a bigger screen. Removable battery is secondary, though. I would have been happy with the Moto Z and a battery mod.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site

Battery number 1. BUT, large screen right there next! Quality third and the rest, fourth.

Lateck,

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Wow, I'm shocked! Didn't know that there were this many people that supported the removable battery. This really shows a lot about the type of people that buy the V series. I hope this data really gives LG something to think about. Keep voting if you haven't yet!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Check Swappa for used V20's at good prices. Swappa is a legit site and every phone goes through a verification process. Also, transactions are done in PayPal which is very secure.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

The reasons I chose the v20 is because of all of the things this phone has and what all the other phones don't have.You can say that it is a sum of all of the parts.

I was willing to go with the new HTC u11 and did so instead of buying the v20,but when I found out that it did not have a FM radio in it, knew that I had made a big mistake.

Now I could have chosen any other phones,but after much deliberation I realized I should have chosen the v20 to begin with.

I realize that it doesn't have the latest technology out and that it won't get all of the updates as quickly or as long as other phones,but as long as the phone last I will be able to replace the battery in it and hopefully be able to root it and update it that way for some time if needed.

I think that this is the last flagship phone that will have all of the features the v20 has in it and didn't want to have to settle for less.

If LG was truly smart (which I don't think they are) they wouldn't listen to these people calling for bezeless sealed phones,just because of trying to be more like Samsung or Apple. While the masses my be wetting themselves over curved screens and glass encased phones,there are plenty of people who deep down prefer something more substantial and not superficial.

My good wife has always said... Everything for a reason..and I firmly believe her. I was giddy getting a new top of the line flagship and was trying to convince myself that I was going to be completely happy with it,but deep down I had reservations. I guess it not having the FM radio in it was my way out...in any case that's behind me now and I have all of the features I wanted...

No.. there's not just 1 good reason to have this phone,but several good reasons. Do I wish it had more like water resistance,Dolby vision,the 835 Snapdragon and things like that.. of course,but not at the expense of forgoing what it already offers...

Mac

VoodooMagnetman

May 24, 2017
Visit site

The quad DAC and audio experience with the hi fi audio recording capabilities was number one. The removable battery was a very close number two.
I hope this isn't my last phone with a removable battery. Such a convenient thing to have traveling without having to bring along the heavy charging bricks. The only thing that I would have changed is I wish the battery was at least 4000 mAh.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

The reasons I chose the v20 is because of all of the things this phone has and what all the other phones don't have.You can say that it is a sum of all of the parts.

I was willing to go with the new HTC u11 and did so instead of buying the v20,but when I found out that it did not have a FM radio in it, knew that I had made a big mistake.

Now I could have chosen any other phones,but after much deliberation I realized I should have chosen the v20 to begin with.

I realize that it doesn't have the latest technology out and that it won't get all of the updates as quickly or as long as other phones,but as long as the phone last I will be able to replace the battery in it and hopefully be able to root it and update it that way for some time if needed.

I think that this is the last flagship phone that will have all of the features the v20 has in it and didn't want to have to settle for less.

If LG was truly smart (which I don't think they are) they wouldn't listen to these people calling for bezeless sealed phones,just because of trying to be more like Samsung or Apple. While the masses my be wetting themselves over curved screens and glass encased phones,there are plenty of people who deep down prefer something more substantial and not superficial.

My good wife has always said... Everything for a reason..and I firmly believe her. I was giddy getting a new top of the line flagship and was trying to convince myself that I was going to be completely happy with it,but deep down I had reservations. I guess it not having the FM radio in it was my way out...in any case that's behind me now and I have all of the features I wanted...

No.. there's not just 1 good reason to have this phone,but several good reasons. Do I wish it had more like water resistance,Dolby vision,the 835 Snapdragon and things like that.. of course,but not at the expense of forgoing what it already offers...

Mac

Very good point. You're right, it doesn't have all the latest bells and whistles, but at the end it the day, it's a smartphone with a camera. I've experience no difference between the S8 Plus' Snapdragon 835 vs the V20's Snapdragon 820. Samsung actually felt slower because all of their custom TouchWiz features and they don't even support Quick Charge 3.0 OR 4.0. I felt the same way you did when I bought the S8 Plus, just wasn't really happy and missed the offerings of the V20. I ended up buying the V20 again because it was a more practical phone to use and I had already gotten used to it.

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I've been chosen for beta programs just from being in forums of course it was a much larger forum than this one is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19