Received my new OEM Battery from,)LG

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Received my new battery, today, battery was drai,ing fast and. After almost 2 years thought I was did. Well after removing as many apps as I never use, stopped some that th, in the back ground, I pulled the battery to do a full reboot and the old battery works fine. Only down to 42% sonce 5am. Oh well I will be ready for when ot really fails. Looming forward to a Note 9 when Verizon makes me,a,deal I cannot refuse. LOL

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Just received 2 Oem batteries this week which makes me have 4 total. I am gonna keep my V20 until it dies. I want a phone with a replaceable battery which eliminates all new phones 😕

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just received 2 Oem batteries this week which makes me have 4 total. I am gonna keep my V20 until it dies. I want a phone with a replaceable battery which eliminates all new phones ������

I have 5 OEM batteries and they work perfectly fine just like it was brand new. I cycle through all 5 evenly, so that I will get 5x the longevity of the device versus the average consumer with a sealed battery. I recommend charging the batteries using the official LG charging cradle... it charges slower which is actually better for the battery as fast charging degrades the battery overtime. Just pop it in the charging cradle before you go to bed. When you wake up, it's ready to go. I predict that the phone will last at least 15 years (maybe more). Old video game consoles are known to last decades (same goes with digital cameras and computers except for Apple which has planned obsolesance)... So in that case, smartphones can last a long time too as long as you take care of it and not use it abnormally.

By the way, I have an 8.5 year old iPhone 4 from 2010. Still works perfectly fine; no battery issues or anything. Unfortunately, Apple attempted to "slow down" older devices. After they got caught, they switched it back to normal. Now, they don't allow apps to be backwards compatible, meaning the device cannot install any modern day apps because you have to update the phone, however there is no update anymore so the phone is basically obsolete. I still use it for music because it still has that good old' headphone jack... it's a stellar hardware with powerful audio output and a good looking LCD screen. Yes, proof that devices can last a very long time. The degrading battery is all you need to worry about...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez