How are you using it now after a few years?

howardbamber

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I have just bought it! I'm going through money trouble and I'm into my music shop the DAC is a major pull and 120 pounds, new and sealed with the B&O Headphones (even though I have senheiser Hd598c is a no brainer

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Well into my 3rd year, purchased a spare battery last year from LG and its still in the original package. I see no reason to use my Social Security for an upgrade. It does everything I need it to do and does it very well.

sgtmacabre

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to get some lag to the point of being annoying and apps being forced closed that shouldn't be. I'm a power user and I think I'm starting to hit the RAM limits, causing them to close out. Otherwise I'm still happy with it and there's no true upgrade for it that I've seen yet.

SELF PROCLAIMED power user

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Me, I'm a SELF-PROCLAIMED regular schmoe who figured out lots of stuff with the help of people like Mooncatt.;)

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I went from Samsung Galaxy S8+ to LG V20. I dropped the S8+, cracked the screen. Sent it in for repair and got V20 as a temporary thing and decided to keep it.
It's just so much nicer. The screen is not as vibrantly colorful as on any of the Samsungs I've had but:

* I really like the 16:9 ratio and like reading things in the vertical mode. The keyboard also works better vertically than a 18.5:9 ratio phone.
* Removable battery, you can say that again.
* The sound and the again, I like the dimensions of it a lot especially with the ZeroLemon battery installed.

Jogg3r

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
yes. I'll stick to that phone for Forever. Hours ago I bought a new one as a spare for about 180. (Dual Sim Version). Im using the single sim h910 version in Germany which I bought about one year ago for 160. Can't think about a switch. And I tried soooo many phones in the last time because I wanted something new. But every other phone disappointed me. I tried Mi 2S/3/Mi 8 - nice phones. But too fragile cause of its Glas backs. And the OIS? Almost no stabilization while zooming. Tested on the Mi 3. V20s is waaay better. I was shocked. And yes in Low Light the images were a bit bitter. But srsly who needs this? Pocophone: yes that would be a phone I would go for. Because it's physically reliable and with a little effort you can replace the battery. Almost using a glass on the screen but I hate covers. But then I decided Naaa, V20 got so much more features. Poco is a bit faster but I'm not a gamer. Galaxy s9+ nope too fragile to. I'm dropping my phones a lot and the V20 is still in am absolutely amazing shape. Just a few scratches. Like Bruce Willis in unbreakable. So all in all I decided yesterday to buy a backup V20 because I'm pretty sure I'm the next time there won't be a feature given phone as the V20. At least for me!

- wide angle
- second screen, love it. Don't wanna miss it. Yes of course you can use AoD but then I'd be afraid of constantly burn ins..
- almost unbreakable (with a a screen 9h glass - right now using my fourth glass.. Lol.. Explains why I don't want a glass backed phone.)
- swappable battery (can recommend the 4000mah Perfine which matches the capacitizy!)
- DAC - just amazing.. If you got used to it you'll be disappointed with any other phones. (except LGs)
- for its price there's an unbelievable amount of features :) 140-200 Euro.

Last edited:

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
yes. I'll stick to that phone for Forever. Hours ago I bought a new one as a spare for about 180. (Dual

- wide angle
- second screen, love it. Don't wanna miss it. Yes of course you can use AoD but then I'd be afraid of constantly burn ins..
- almost unbreakable (with a a screen 9h glass - right now using my fourth glass.. Lol.. Explains why I don't want a glass backed phone.)
- swappable battery (can recommend the 4000mah Perfine which matches the capacitizy!)
- DAC - just amazing.. If you got used to it you'll be disappointed with any other phones. (except LGs)
- for its price there's an unbelievable amount of features :) 140-200 Euro.

Agree with all that.

If you are using the stock-sized battery, you can use any of the million Otterbox type cases for it to enhance durability. I like Otterbox commuter and Defender for the ultimate protection.

Jogg3r

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Agree with all that.

If you are using the stock-sized battery, you can use any of the million Otterbox type cases for it to enhance durability. I like Otterbox commuter and Defender for the ultimate protection.

Simply not necessary. But a display glass on it and a 9h Glas on the back camera and have fun while using it without a case. Dropped mine thousand times. Absolutely physically reliable. A beast

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Just replaced the battery in my V20 over the weekend. Const me $12 for an OEM battery and took 30 seconds to swap it out. Back to full day of normal use with 40% left when I pt it up for the night. Can any of the new sealed phones say that? NOPE!

imoatama

May 27, 2019
Visit site
Sorry if this is already covered elsewhere, but where did you buy your OEM battery from? I have bought a couple, and at least one of them I'm pretty sure was counterfeit.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
why would you want an OEM battery? There are nice ones on the market, with extended capacity, ranging from 5000-6000 mAh to something even larger.