camera shattered less than 3 days

Ldshark

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
So the glass on the camera suddenly shattered today while taking a wide angle pic not sure how or why but has anyone else experienced this yet?

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
So the glass on the camera suddenly shattered today while taking a wide angle pic not sure how or why but has anyone else experienced this yet?
While taking a picture? Really? I remember stories like this about the V20 and my camera glass never shattered after a year without a case and multiple drops.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
While taking a picture? Really? I remember stories like this about the V20 and my camera glass never shattered after a year without a case and multiple drops.

Tempered glass in general can shatter spontaneously, however there is usually a contributing factor. Things like: Extreme temperature swings...a flaw in the glass smaller than the size of a grain of sand which enlarges overtime... excessive stress, etc.
I've had my V20 since preorder and dropped it several times and it's been fine. Most of the ones I've seen except for one V20 had obvious points of impact. The one the wasn't so obvious was questionable but it could happen. I swore it happened to me on the G5 but after I thought about it could have been a hard object in my pocket.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Strange that it cracked randomly. Could be a factory flaw, exposed to extreme temperatures, accidental contact with a very hard or solid object, or it simply cracked in your pocket from skinny jeans (current trend). My V20 has zero scratches, it took a tumble from my lap to the concrete while exiting my car (had a TPU case on it).