Ready to buy a V30 again

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I returned my original Sept 17 dated V30 due to a blotchy screen. I hope all of those are gone and the Oct /Nov devices are now available. All I need is an incentive from Verizon. $100 bill credit is not enough. If I can trade in my Moto Z Force for 50% off I would head to the store right now. Hopefully the price is right soon. I came very close to getting a Pixel 2 XL on Black Friday for 35% off.

DustBow

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I know how you feel. I was planning on upgrading this weekend but the V30 was the one phone Verizon kinda left behind during their deals... I don't need/want to upgrade to unlimited and $100 isn't that much compared to the other deals

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I know how you feel. I was planning on upgrading this weekend but the V30 was the one phone Verizon kinda left behind during their deals... I don't need/want to upgrade to unlimited and $100 isn't that much compared to the other deals
I hope something comes up after their dumb $400 rebate when buying another LG product wraps up.

VoodooMagnetman

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Same here, as I had high hopes of getting a discounted V30 on Verizon. The deals are horrible for the V30 and if they don't do any incentive pricing soon, LG is going to bomb on the V30 this year. They took a hit on the G6, so you'd think they'd really have an incentive to price down the V30 and sell more. I really would like to get this phone, but it needs to be in the 600 to 650ish range. LG's quality control hasn't been the best, so I'm not dropping close to a grand after taxes on this phone.

rckymtntim

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Could it be that they're not dropping the price or giving incentives because the V30 is still selling well at the existing price?

DustBow

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Probably. It just launched not too long ago, they were doing $200 rebate (plus VR), then several carriers were doing buy one get one 50% off, now they are doing the $400 rebate if you purchase another LG product... So deals have been there just nothing mind blowing like we were probably hoping. Especially from Verizon - even their bigger deals weren't good when you have to upgrade to unlimited to qualify. Last year's $10/mo Pixel deal was hard to live up to again

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I did take the $400 rebate on another LG product because I need a new TV for the bedroom, and for a bedroom TV that's practically free. I don't need a 4K TV for the bedroom.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Verizon has no interest selling V30's, zero, none. I was just looking at their webpage, and its on the last page of smartphones mixed in with phones from years ago like iphone 6 and free phones.

The best deal might be from Tmobile, with the BOGO.
1. you still get the $400 deal from LG, as that is LG's promo
2. Tmobile sends you a cash card for the 2nd phone, so $800 or $850 back within 6-8weeks so you can pay off the free one in full.
3. no silly monthly credits like verizon, that you lose if you want to upgrade again later
4. Tmobile has the V30+, so you get the free headphones too (or 2 headphones in this case), that you can sell

The only trickery is that I guess you need that 2nd line open for 2 months, but usually a 2nd line isn't that much to add on. So maybe an extra $100 for 2 months, and then you have a free V30+ you could easily sell right away for maybe $500 or so, just guessing .

So I guess with all that done, you end up with:
1. $400 LG tv for free (although if you are smart, buy from Costco and return for cash back in 90 days).
2. $400 net cash from the free phone after paying 2nd line 2 months
3. $150 net cash from 2 headphones sold

DustBow

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
We bought 2 new TV's over the weekend , just realized the one my wife bought was an LG, could have sworn she told me Samsung... Anyway, no reason not to buy a V30 now with $400 there for the taking

VoodooMagnetman

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Just drop the price with no gimmicks or extra sign ups. Don't want an extra line, don't want unlimited data, and don't want any other crap, just a new phone. Is it that hard?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just drop the price with no gimmicks or extra sign ups. Don't want an extra line, don't want unlimited data, and don't want any other crap, just a new phone. Is it that hard?
Those types of deals went out the door with 2 year contracts and phone subsidies. Granted, Verizon seems adept at basically commiting you to the two year contracts (by giving deals for monthly payments only), but I digress.

When phones were subsidized, offering good deals didn't hurt as bad, as the CSP knew you'd be a paying customer for 2+ years, so they were more than willing to eat the cost. But now, since they can't lock you in, they aren't as willing to offer a freebie at a potentially big loss.

DavidinCT

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I returned my original Sept 17 dated V30 due to a blotchy screen. I hope all of those are gone and the Oct /Nov devices are now available. All I need is an incentive from Verizon. $100 bill credit is not enough. If I can trade in my Moto Z Force for 50% off I would head to the store right now. Hopefully the price is right soon. I came very close to getting a Pixel 2 XL on Black Friday for 35% off.

I hear ya. I was looking for a deal on the V30, it was really the phone I wanted after owning a G3, G4 and V10...

I saw Best Buy's deal on the Samsung Note 8, $350 off, brining the monthly payment down to $24. As the v30 was not discounted. The Note 8 gave more features for the money, so I guess I have to skip LG on this round. :(

Verizon's $100 off was a joke compared to Best Buy... It's too bad that $350 was not off the V30, it would of been a no brainer for me.

At least the Note 8 has wireless charging and a headphone jack (2 things that are very important to me)

When phones were subsidized, offering good deals didn't hurt as bad, as the CSP knew you'd be a paying customer for 2+ years, so they were more than willing to eat the cost. But now, since they can't lock you in, they aren't as willing to offer a freebie at a potentially big loss.

Another thing that is too bad. When you can get a high end phone for $200 with a 2 year, when the 2 years was up, these phones would sell for $100-150 used. They killed the used market for buyers when they went to monthly payments. That 2 year old phone is going for close to $300 now....sigh.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I was a verizon customer since they came into my area. I got fed up with the BS, and price hikes every time they saw fit. So last December, I took 1 line and put it on T-mobile to test. I carried both my Verizon and tmobile phones everywhere I went. Much to my surprise, I actually got slightly better reception with T-mobile, and much faster speeds with them also. And when the next 600mhz spectrum is unleashed, they will be the best. I bought my v30 from them, changed all my lines to them and I'm saving over 150.00 month. Right now, you can get a v30 on tmobile on a Bogo.but you better hurry. It ends today.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was a verizon customer since they came into my area. I got fed up with the BS, and price hikes every time they saw fit. So last December, I took 1 line and put it on T-mobile to test. I carried both my Verizon and tmobile phones everywhere I went. Much to my surprise, I actually got slightly better reception with T-mobile, and much faster speeds with them also. And when the next 600mhz spectrum is unleashed, they will be the best. I bought my v30 from them, changed all my lines to them and I'm saving over 150.00 month. Right now, you can get a v30 on tmobile on a Bogo.but you better hurry. It ends today.
Did you have multiple lines on Verizon? I ask because I have two lines on Verizon and my monthly bill isn't even $150, let alone large enough to save that much.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Tmobile V30 will work on Verizon? It appears all the LTE bands are there, and the cmda bands too.

I ask because there are a ton of Tmobile V30s brand new on Ebay now because of that BOGO deal. Some $200 off, and I'm sure prices will drop further. Much cheaper than buying from Verizon, plus no tax.

Just want to make sure I can easily turn it on with Verizon network.

VoodooMagnetman

May 24, 2017
Visit site
I'll buy the phone outright or do the payment plan in which I can get their deal any pay the full extent of the phone minus 1 dollar. Whatever, just drop the price without all the games and BS! F'n Verizon.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Tmobile V30 will work on Verizon? It appears all the LTE bands are there, and the cmda bands too.

I ask because there are a ton of Tmobile V30s brand new on Ebay now because of that BOGO deal. Some $200 off, and I'm sure prices will drop further. Much cheaper than buying from Verizon, plus no tax.

Just want to make sure I can easily turn it on with Verizon network.

In theory it will work. Verizon would never activate a new SIM with that phone being there -- but slapping in an already active SIM should work.

The only issue with it is the software is for T-Mobile on that version. That means the chance of it working for phone calls (via VoLTE) are slim and since there are no CDMA radios it has no fall back so phone calls wouldn't work.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll just wait until after 12/2 when the current LG promo ends. Maybe they will throw some rebate dollars at us.