Why is LG V30 dropping bluetooth connection?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Bluetooth on T-Mobile keeps disconnecting multiple times during a call... Never happened with Verizon Galaxy phone. I don't know if it's the phone or carrier?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"During a call" would have nothing to do with Bluetooth, since calls don't go via Bluetooth, so it would have nothing to do with the carrier.

But Bluetooth and wifi do interfere with each other in some situations (like which channel the wifi is on). So it could be that (especially if you're using wifi calling, which Verizon doesn't have.)

Or you could be putting too much between the phone and the device it's dropping the connection with. An earphone, for example, is a Type 3 device, with a range of less than 10 meters in clear line of sight. If the phone is on one side of your body and the earphone is on the other side (especially if the phone is low down, like i n a pants pocket), that's going through about 2 feet of human, which is more than most class 3 Bluetooth devices can handle. (I used to get about 30 feet from a phone on my deck to my mailbox, but it wouldn't work from my left ear to my right front pants pocket.)

So check what's happening and what you're doing, and you'll probably find the reason.

NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
"During a call" would have nothing to do with Bluetooth, since calls don't go via Bluetooth, so it would have nothing to do with the carrier.

But Bluetooth and wifi do interfere with each other in some situations (like which channel the wifi is on). So it could be that (especially if you're using wifi calling, which Verizon doesn't have.)

Verizon does have wifi calling. I use it at home with my LG V30 all the time.

LoGruvz

Aug 27, 2018
Visit site

Or you could be putting too much between the phone and the device it's dropping the connection with. An earphone, for example, is a Type 3 device, with a range of less than 10 meters in clear line of sight. If the phone is on one side of your body and the earphone is on the other side (especially if the phone is low down, like i n a pants pocket), that's going through about 2 feet of human, which is more than most class 3 Bluetooth devices can handle. (I used to get about 30 feet from a phone on my deck to my mailbox, but it wouldn't work from my left ear to my right front pants pocket.)

So check what's happening and what you're doing, and you'll probably find the reason.

I had this problem and I disabled WIFI calling and it returned to normal. I'm on T-Mobile using an LG V30 and Plantronics Voyager Legend.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87