LG V40 ThinQ - not working all the time since move from ARkansas to Texas

loekie32

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
We moved our son from NWArkansas (Springdale) to Addison, TX a couple of weekends ago.
Ever since then his LG V40 ThinQ has not been working very well. He can text, use data, but receiving or making phone calls is a problem. Inside his apartment calling (receiving or making) does not work. He has to step outside for it work, sometimes.
We have called AT&T, chatted online, with I do not how many reps, but no matter what, nothing seems to solve the problem.
He had absolutely no problems when in Arkansas! When he was back for Christmas phone seemed to be working correctly....
It is an unlocked phone, purchased at Best Buy in Norman, OK.
Also no problem at all using phone in OK!

Any ideas??

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My guess is it's a signal/reception issue. I love LG phones, but I've noticed over the years that their radios are not as good as others, especially Samsung. I'm not familiar with AT&T's functionality, but is Wi-Fi calling an option for him?

loekie32

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
My guess is it's a signal/reception issue. I love LG phones, but I've noticed over the years that their radios are not as good as others, especially Samsung. I'm not familiar with AT&T's functionality, but is Wi-Fi calling an option for him?

Problems with wifi calling as well!
On the very odd occasion phone does work inside...

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
What is the signal strength in dBm at his apartment? What is the signal strength in dBm at your house?

Perhaps AT&T just is weak at his apartment.

loekie32

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Well, we finally gave up and our son got a new phone. He got a Pixel 6 Pro and is very happy with it, so far!
ATT did try and worked and worked with us, but, nothing worked.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, we finally gave up and our son got a new phone. He got a Pixel 6 Pro and is very happy with it, so far!
ATT did try and worked and worked with us, but, nothing worked.
I'm glad his phone issues were finally sorted with his new Pixel 6 Pro. That's a really nice device, and I'm glad he likes it.