V40 or OnePlus 6T

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, T-Mobile is selling the One Plus 6T throughout their retail outlets and on their website. They are only selling one version, the gloss black one.

I'm very happy with my V40 and I'm glad I went with it over the 6T.

Yeah, OnePlus has no headphone jack, the notch looks uncomfortably weird, and they have a history of including spyware on their devices and not being transparent about it (plus quality issues like upside-down screen). All Chinese phones try extremely hard to look like Apple's iOS UI.. it's sad the lack of innovation in Chinese phones.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat last week. V40 or 6T.
After comparing them in store and reviewing specs. I opted for the V40.
For me the decision was
V40 better screen / quality.
Removable storage option. Got a 128GB card a few months ago.
Better camera options.
Higher quality audio DAC. I do on occasion listen to music with wired headphones.

So with the price dropping to 720 it made the decision much easier, for me anyway.

No headphone jack is a bummer on OnePlus.. plus they don't have a micro SD expansion. Why spend hundreds of dollars for LESS features? Who cares if it's "faster" it's not really that much faster. FYI OnePlus still tries hard to be similar to Apple...

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
On paper the 6T is a beast but in the hand I find that it feels cheap, just my opinion but I find that Oneplus phones lack on in-hand feel. How important this will vary from person to person.

Also an always on display and wireless charging are 2 features I have just got used to having.

I'd actually choose the G7 over a OP so would definitely say go for the V40

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
On paper the 6T is a beast but in the hand I find that it feels cheap, just my opinion but I find that Oneplus phones lack on in-hand feel. How important this will vary from person to person.

Also an always on display and wireless charging are 2 features I have just got used to having.

Enjoy your G7, it's a great device...
I had chosen the V40 and I've never looked back.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I've held both and I don't get that cheap feel. Neither felt cheap to me as they are constructed of similar materials. To each their own, maybe you just don't like the lines or the curvature or the OP.

I actually don't miss the AOD like I thought I would. I found myself looking at it constantly. Now with the ambient display I only need to look when it lights up.

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I've held both and I don't get that cheap feel. Neither felt cheap to me as they are constructed of similar materials. To each their own, maybe you just don't like the lines or the curvature or the OP.

I actually don't miss the AOD like I thought I would. I found myself looking at it constantly. Now with the ambient display I only need to look when it lights up.

He's not going to make the same mistake you did. The V40 is by leaps and bounds superior to the OP6T, even the G7 is.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site

Maybe I just do not like the midnight black colour (which was my only option as I wanted 256gb) it imo felt slippery and quite uninspiring I also think the haptics added to my the impression of cheapness at least for me.

This was just my personal view and everybody will have a different view, for some that speed and software will outweigh any shortcomings. Personally an always on display is something I have just got so used to having, likewise wireless charging.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Whitestone Dome Glass. It's the only way to get full adhesion to the screen with the perfect deep black color, maintain touch sensitivity, and actually have the curves properly covered.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I didn't think I'd be in the position where I'd be choosing one of these phones.

I'm still very happy with my V30+ but not so happy with Sprint.

Luckily Verizon currently has the V40 for 50% off and a second one (which I'll need) for $750 off. I'll get 2 V40s for less than I'm paying for my current V30

They're making this decision easy lol.