Will there be a V40?....

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I am torn, my V30 is not even a year old.
I love the added camera and added ram on the V40, but that's all the new 40 really has over the 30.
My question is will there be a V40+ or V45 like LG did with the V30?
Now if LG had a +version out now (128GB of storage, or more) I would be ordering it tonight.
What do the great minds here think? (Q)

Lateck,

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Will there be a V4?....

I don't believe that will be the case this year if LG learned anything. Make one great device instead of 2 and 3 iterations of the same device. If you really like it get it but I don't know if I would sacrifice the superb battery life of the V30 for the added benefit of a nicer camera setup with an improved main sensor.(I do appreciate the new sensor) But for me the size, battery life and wider wide angle lens of the V30 makes this such a great device. Plus it's the best looking phone I've owned in the silver color. Just have to deal with the lackluster ffc but it's doable.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I love the added camera and added ram on the V40, but that's all the new 40 really has over the 30.
Now if LG had a +version out now (128GB of storage, or more) I would be ordering it tonight.

Lateck,

I'm a bit torn as well. I'm not really concerned about another iteration of the V40 coming out. Rather that I enjoy my V30 so much... Do I really need to upgrade?

With Sprints current offer I would actually save money by switching to the V40.

I'll have to get my hands on the V40 before deciding.

anon(10221500)

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site

Camera aside the biggest thing for me is the larger screen.
I need a big screen and I hate Samsung and iCrap.

Pre Ordered 10/12 and waiting - any day now!!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Camera aside the biggest thing for me is the larger screen.
I need a big screen and I hate Samsung and iCrap.

Pre Ordered 10/12 and waiting - any day now!!

Nice. I can't wait for people to start getting them so some real reviews start coming in.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Lateck,

They did announce they were going to reuse the same design to save money, but I don't think they will do that with the V40... I'm not exactly sure and we will never know what they will do.. instead of a V50 next year, we could just see a V40+ (larger onboard storage capacity) or V40s (newer CPU and more RAM). I think they might just push more colors for the V40.. maybe that's their trick right now to sell more devices is release colors slowly to make it seem new just like how Apple does that.