It's Here!

whammer1249

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I received my new V40 phone this afternoon after pre-ordering it from AT&T on Friday. So far so good! I'm upgrading from the V30, and the major noticeable difference is the screen. I had issues with graining on my V30. This is much improved! Fingerprint sensor no longer turns on/off as well, takes some getting used to. I like the Google Assistant button on the left side. Haven't had a chance to test the camera features yet.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I received my new V40 phone this afternoon after pre-ordering it from AT&T on Friday. So far so good! I'm upgrading from the V30, and the major noticeable difference is the screen. I had issues with graining on my V30. This is much improved! Fingerprint sensor no longer turns on/off as well, takes some getting used to. I like the Google Assistant button on the left side. Haven't had a chance to test the camera features yet.

How's the color of the phone? I'm not sure if I like the glossy black back of the phone with the blue tint.. a shame LG didn't release more colors in the US...

whammer1249

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
How much bigger, wider than the v30 does it feel?

It honestly doesn't feel that much bigger at all. That's one of the things that concerned me. I went from Nexus 6 to the V30, never had a screen over 6 inches. But the size difference is in the height. The grip width-wise feels exactly as the V30

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
It honestly doesn't feel that much bigger at all. That's one of the things that concerned me. I went from Nexus 6 to the V30, never had a screen over 6 inches. But the size difference is in the height. The grip width-wise feels exactly as the V30
Right. I do love the width of it, not sure if I want a phone that's the same height, or close to it to my Note8. Love the v30. Great size. Still not sure if I'll pre-order the v40 or not.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
How much bigger, wider than the v30 does it feel?

The V40 height is about as tall as the V20.. it's a little bit more narrow than the V20 as well. The V30 is smaller overall in height.

The G7 is smaller so that might be a better option if you want smaller (or the V30).

anon(10221500)

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Got mine today!! Yay!!
I've been waiting months and I'm not disappointed.I'm a big LG fan and this bad boy is killer.
Gonna take some time getting used to the power button on the side :p
I'm glad I ordered a case from China 3 weeks ago cause cases are few and far between right now but it won't be long before some others come out soon hopefully.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today!! Yay!!
I've been waiting months and I'm not disappointed.I'm a big LG fan and this bad boy is killer.
Gonna take some time getting used to the power button on the side :p
I'm glad I ordered a case from China 3 weeks ago cause cases are few and far between right now but it won't be long before some others come out soon hopefully.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the phone.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Those that have received your phones, please do report on your battery life; specifically the standby time, in terms of how much battery is lost per hour, as well as overnight. Also, if you're using the phone on T-Mobile, please report on signal reception. I'm hoping the phone is able to achieve full bars this time around? Thanks in advance.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Those that have received your phones, please do report on your battery life; specifically the standby time, in terms of how much battery is lost per hour, as well as overnight. Also, if you're using the phone on T-Mobile, please report on signal reception. I'm hoping the phone is able to achieve full bars this time around? Thanks in advance.

However, remember that Android OS takes several days or weeks until it settles in and recognize your habits, thus optimizing battery life. Battery life should last all day plus a little more.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
And it takes "days"?

Yeah personally after major update such as Oreo (my last update) I'll have a lot of wonky behavior. For instance, my V30 had bad Bluetooth connection, faster battery drain and a lot of different apps were force stopping.

Usually only lasts 2-3 days, week at most or a factory reset cures most concerns.

This last update it seemed a lot of V30 owners had extended Bluetooth issues but mine is working good again.

I wouldn't say out happens to every phone by any means but I have definitely been victim in the past.