10-19-2018 01:47 PM
31 12
tools
    I received my new V40 phone this afternoon after pre-ordering it from AT&T on Friday. So far so good! I'm upgrading from the V30, and the major noticeable difference is the screen. I had issues with graining on my V30. This is much improved! Fingerprint sensor no longer turns on/off as well, takes some getting used to. I like the Google Assistant button on the left side. Haven't had a chance to test the camera features yet.
    flyingkytez likes this.
    10-15-2018 08:36 PM
    I received my new V40 phone this afternoon after pre-ordering it from AT&T on Friday. So far so good! I'm upgrading from the V30, and the major noticeable difference is the screen. I had issues with graining on my V30. This is much improved! Fingerprint sensor no longer turns on/off as well, takes some getting used to. I like the Google Assistant button on the left side. Haven't had a chance to test the camera features yet.
    How's the color of the phone? I'm not sure if I like the glossy black back of the phone with the blue tint.. a shame LG didn't release more colors in the US...
    10-15-2018 08:48 PM
    It's not my favorite color ever, but I put a case on mine, so I honestly don't really care much about it.
    10-15-2018 08:55 PM
    How much bigger, wider than the v30 does it feel?
    10-15-2018 09:16 PM
    It honestly doesn't feel that much bigger at all. That's one of the things that concerned me. I went from Nexus 6 to the V30, never had a screen over 6 inches. But the size difference is in the height. The grip width-wise feels exactly as the V30
    10-15-2018 09:18 PM
    It honestly doesn't feel that much bigger at all. That's one of the things that concerned me. I went from Nexus 6 to the V30, never had a screen over 6 inches. But the size difference is in the height. The grip width-wise feels exactly as the V30
    Right. I do love the width of it, not sure if I want a phone that's the same height, or close to it to my Note8. Love the v30. Great size. Still not sure if I'll pre-order the v40 or not.
    10-15-2018 09:20 PM
    The V40 height is about as tall as the V20.. it's a little bit more narrow than the V20 as well. The V30 is smaller overall in height.

The G7 is smaller so that might be a better option if you want smaller (or the V30).
    10-15-2018 09:26 PM
    The V40 height is about as tall as the V20.. it's a little bit more narrow than the V20 as well. The V30 is smaller overall in height.

The G7 is smaller so that might be a better option if you want smaller (or the V30).
    But not as good spec wise
    10-15-2018 09:27 PM
    Ugh, Verizon is taking their sweet *** time shipping my pre-order
    10-16-2018 08:06 PM
    So, how's the battery?
    jordans0nly likes this.
    10-16-2018 09:05 PM
    Got mine today!! Yay!!
    I've been waiting months and I'm not disappointed.I'm a big LG fan and this bad boy is killer.
    Gonna take some time getting used to the power button on the side :-P
    I'm glad I ordered a case from China 3 weeks ago cause cases are few and far between right now but it won't be long before some others come out soon hopefully.
    jordans0nly and flyingkytez like this.
    10-16-2018 09:49 PM
    Got mine today!! Yay!!
    I've been waiting months and I'm not disappointed.I'm a big LG fan and this bad boy is killer.
    Gonna take some time getting used to the power button on the side :-P
    I'm glad I ordered a case from China 3 weeks ago cause cases are few and far between right now but it won't be long before some others come out soon hopefully.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the phone.
    10-16-2018 10:18 PM
    Those that have received your phones, please do report on your battery life; specifically the standby time, in terms of how much battery is lost per hour, as well as overnight. Also, if you're using the phone on T-Mobile, please report on signal reception. I'm hoping the phone is able to achieve full bars this time around? Thanks in advance.
    10-16-2018 11:37 PM
    Those that have received your phones, please do report on your battery life; specifically the standby time, in terms of how much battery is lost per hour, as well as overnight. Also, if you're using the phone on T-Mobile, please report on signal reception. I'm hoping the phone is able to achieve full bars this time around? Thanks in advance.
    However, remember that Android OS takes several days or weeks until it settles in and recognize your habits, thus optimizing battery life. Battery life should last all day plus a little more.
    10-17-2018 09:17 AM
    However, remember that Android OS takes several days or weeks until it settles in and recognize your habits, thus optimizing battery life. Battery life should last all day plus a little more.
    I've never seen proof that the OS needs to "settle"
    10-17-2018 09:27 AM
    Me either, but Li-ion batteries do have a short break in period, and it's not unusual to see a slight capacity increase after a few cycles.
    10-17-2018 09:37 AM
    I have after every major update.
    10-17-2018 09:39 AM
    I have after every major update.
    And it takes "days"?
    10-17-2018 09:57 AM
    And it takes "days"?
    Yeah personally after major update such as Oreo (my last update) I'll have a lot of wonky behavior. For instance, my V30 had bad Bluetooth connection, faster battery drain and a lot of different apps were force stopping.

Usually only lasts 2-3 days, week at most or a factory reset cures most concerns.

This last update it seemed a lot of V30 owners had extended Bluetooth issues but mine is working good again.

I wouldn't say out happens to every phone by any means but I have definitely been victim in the past.
    10-17-2018 12:02 PM
    Battery life should last all day plus a little more.
    There is no way to know this. Every use case is different. You've got to stop. I pray that LG is paying you.
    jordans0nly and LilSweetLin like this.
    10-17-2018 01:23 PM
    Can't really comment on bat life yet. Only have it 24hrs. But I can say overnight went from 95% to 87% ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I do have t mobile and just had G6 seems like same reception.
    ffejjj likes this.
    10-17-2018 05:38 PM
    There is no way to know this. Every use case is different. You've got to stop. I pray that LG is paying you.
    Actually there is some precedent for the V40 using the 3300mAh paired with the Snapdragon 845 chip. The V35 is using the same combination (although I believe it has 8.0 and not 8.1). There are numerous reports that the battery life is extremely good on the V35, thus I would think it should be similar with the V40 and it's slightly larger screen.
    10-18-2018 07:29 AM
    I wanted the V30 last year, but had to get my kid a phone two months before it came out and so I handed my old one down and I got a deal on a G6 which was a solid phone but I just didn't love it. Earlier this year I sold that and went to a Pixel 2. Its been a very love hate relationship. I love the camera and its fast and I get updates every month but I have to factory reset almost monthly because something breaks during an update. Quite honestly, its just kind of boring. I'm not in love with what I'm seeing for the Pixel 3 is more of the same (and forced gesture navigation) and I just don't care for Samsung's UI nor their curved screens.

So here I am, full circle and really really thinking about getting a V40 as I'm loving just about everything I'm reading except the price. I'm not big on notches but this one just looks alright and doesn't bother me. I may pick one up soon.
    10-18-2018 09:49 AM
    Current Status: Out for Delivery

jordans0nly and fuddster like this.
    10-18-2018 10:28 AM
    I'm not big on notches but this one just looks alright and doesn't bother me.
    Just an FYI, if you don't like the notch, the V40 has a setting that hides it.
    10-18-2018 11:15 AM
31 12