T-Mobile V60 November security patch is out. and its a big one

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My TMO V60 had an update over the christmas weekend and it was just over 700 megs. Pretty big for just a security update , but thats just my opinion.
Installed upate and phone still runs smooth.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't just a security update. Not sure what all they changed, but my Verizon update included a rather unwanted update to Chrome that caused me to finally switch to another browser. They called it a security update, but I've never seen them update OEM apps outside of a full OS update.

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It was not an OS update as i am still on 11. And the update went from Sept 1 to Nov 1 so it is technically a security update but yeah they made lots of changes with it being 700+ megs.. But i dont know what those changes were.
So far i am not having any issues with my udpate and chrome feels normal to me.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So far i am not having any issues with my udpate and chrome feels normal to me.

At some point in the past, chrome forced group tabs and tab grid layout. I had been purposely ignoring further updates to it because it makes the browser much more difficult to use to me. The Chrome update included in the security patch was to a newer version that not only pushed the new layout, but also disabled the flags I had been able to set to revert to the old layout. I've since switched to Brave Browser, which still allows the old layout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa