[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

jgramkow

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
This thing is great! Thanks for all your work. I am also running 7-31 version. Although I can't want to go back to cm7 so I am using Quatrimus exclusively. It does seem to benefit from an occasional reboot.

Sent from my Quat Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tdm

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly enough, I haven't had any slowdowns or reboots happen for me.

At first, I dirty flashed from CM7 to AOKP Beta1. Did not have any reboots at all, and probably only restarted my phone 3 or so times (with testing fixes and rotation kernel). The last time was to completely wipe and do a clean install of AOKP Beta 2, and I only did a clean install so Quattrimus SDEXT script would detect my partition and move apps there.. (I added it later). It seems that is the only way to have the script work correctly, otherwise the dalvik cache was the only thing that would utilize the SDEXT from what I could tell.

Also, I've been running 245/748 SavagedZen. Quattrimus has been extremely stable for me. I've never had a slow down thus far that made me feel a reboot was necessary. Knock on wood :p

Thank you TDM and everyone else who has been a part of this. Quattrimus rocks! :cool:

Last edited:

JimJ2mz

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
We should make a group named Quattritannia! ;)
Quattrimus, despite its bugs, has fulfilled my and many others' dreams; having 4.0 on an old phone!
Thank you to everyone and tdm for their hardwork on this! I never knew such a thing would exist, and I sure am glad I did!
You helped alot of us out there, tdm, and I am very happy that Quattrimus has moved on to beta2.
I look forward to the upcoming updates and fixes.
Again, thank you to all who've worked on this wonderful ROM, which couldn't be possible with those who created the phone.

If I can be of ANY help, please do tell!

JimJ2Mz, aka Jim. :D

JimJ2mz

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've encountered a problem. I don't know if this has been discussed previously since I haven't looked at the posts in the past.
After starting CM9 with gapps and such, I just do the usual; set my preferences, install apps and overclock.
However, after a number of restarts, Google Play stops working.:'(
And my apps seem to freeze.
AFTER I restart the phone and it goes through the CM9 boot screen, the phone says its optimizing 66 apps. o_o
Soon after, I try an app and it says that the app isn't installed. And then, I find out that ALL of my apps aren't installed. Even Google Play! :confused:

Help, maybe?

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Are you using SDEXT? perhaps corruption on the card, or the system failed to mount the partition after the restart. The apps 'optimizing' seems normal, but could happen because the SDEXT is missing during boot. Also, are you restoring anything with titanium backup? Else, magic.

Sent from an icy Vortex utilizing Tapatalk 2.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
And like all good roms... seems this one died before it got done.. whats up with that?

It's not dead. It's just that I have lots of things going on at once. For example, right now, I am working on ICS for the LG Marquee, which is my main phone. Your Vortex works better than my Marquee right now. :p

Anyway, my current priorities are:

1. Get ICS to all the devices I can. Right now this is my Marquee and the LG Slider. Maybe the Samsung YP-G1 but I'm not going to let it slow development if it gives me trouble.

2. Release a "multi-ROM". This is something I invented which allows one ROM file to be released for a family of phones. So a single ROM file will install on VM670, LS670, VS660, and any other thunderc variants. I released a multi-ROM for the Marquee alpha and it works great.

3. Get RomKeeper going again. RomKeeper is an app I wrote that does notifications for new builds, does automatic downloads and md5sum checks, and is able to download binary diffs to make downloads much faster.

4. Start working on JellyBean for all of my devices.

So you see, Quattrimus is very much alive and I am very busy. ;)

jgramkow

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I switched over to AOKP from CM9. Too many of you had good things to say. I had noticed a poor battery life with AOKP when I tried it. All I did was flash over to AOKP, replace all my apps with Titanium Backup and then I charged the phone fully, rebooted to recovery and Wiped the Battery Stats. Now I have fantastic battery life! Just a tip! ;)

mhseris

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed the latest nightly last night (CM9) - had a little trouble with gapps, since the download button at Quattrimus: ICS for the LG Optimus One gives me "file not found". I did manage to find it elsewhere, and things are looking pretty good. Mic problem with the phone (known issue), clock is intermittently laggy, the "R" shows up when wireless is off (but goes away when wireless is on). It seems that the connection for downloads isn't as good as before. Still playing around, but liking it!

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I find this ROM to be very stable. If anything it seems more stable than CM7 ever was :p (at least for me). I've been running Quattrimus on my phone ever since TDM fixed the RIL.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I went back to CM7 for stability. i have not seen any progress here for a few weeks, the dev is very busy with other projects.

I haven't seen you complain about stability before, just about rotation and mic volume. What stability issues are you having?

And yes, I'm rather busy. I understand that rotation and mic volume are annoyances, and I do occasionally look into them and release test fixes. But this is pretty much stabbing in the dark, as I don't own the device.

Speaking of fixes, the new unified kernel and multi-rom work has gotten me back into working on thunderc a bit. If anyone wants to try the multi-rom that I made last week and report on the results, that would be a big help:

http://getquattrimus.com/roms/quattrimus/thunderc/quattrimus-thunderc-cm9-beta3pre.zip

This one zip file should install on all thunderc models (VM670, LS670, VS660). It detects the model at install time and copies the appropriate files.

mhseris

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Here's a new issue that I haven't seen reported (and only experienced today, as I'm at work) - apparently I don't have a data connection with the CM9 ROM. I can get phone calls (called my cell from my desk to check), but haven't gotten any new emails on the phone since I left home this morning. When I try and sync, it says no data connection. And since the roaming indicator is still on, I have no way of seeing whether I'm on 3G or 1X or what. At home I can connect to wifi (and I think that's what the phone is doing) but here at work, wifi is spotty at best. Anyone else noticed this problem? Any ideas for a fix? Thanks!

[edit] forgot to mention that it's not that I'm not getting emails, if you know what I mean - my desktop Outlook is extremely active. But none of them are showing up on the Vortex, which is frustrating as it's handy to see emails when I'm away from my desk.

Last edited:

keeperx

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen you complain about stability before, just about rotation and mic volume. What stability issues are you having?

And yes, I'm rather busy. I understand that rotation and mic volume are annoyances, and I do occasionally look into them and release test fixes. But this is pretty much stabbing in the dark, as I don't own the device.

Speaking of fixes, the new unified kernel and multi-rom work has gotten me back into working on thunderc a bit. If anyone wants to try the multi-rom that I made last week and report on the results, that would be a big help:

http://getquattrimus.com/roms/quattrimus/thunderc/quattrimus-thunderc-cm9-beta3pre.zip

This one zip file should install on all thunderc models (VM670, LS670, VS660). It detects the model at install time and copies the appropriate files.

Not stability issues, more MY stability as this is my daily use phone and the annoyances end up being headaches after a few days. Im not complaining, i know your busy. Im trying to learn more and more so i can actually help.