[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS (ZVD)

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I have been having quite a few problems.

1. My biggest problem is I don't get some of my phone calls. It never rings and I don't get a missed call notification. But I will get a voicemail text saying they left a voicemail.

2. Sometimes my texts lag. I have it set to show original time sent and I takes between 10-30min at times to get a text. That's just slightly annoying. Also my SMSbackup (both plus and regular) keep saying they are having a login issue...

I'll reply to this with a quote from BobZ's website. What you're encountering may be fixed following the "Note" at the bottom:

https://sites.google.com/site/bobzhomeroms/home said:
1. Back up important apps & data using something like Titanium Backup
2. Boot into recovery mode (for LG phones: from power-off, hold vol-down, home, & power until LG logo)
3. Consider performing a Nandroid backup
4. Wipe Cache & Dalvik-cache
5. *Format system, data, and cache* (Only if coming from another ROM or 1st time installing)
6. Flash your chosen ROM
7. *Flash Google apps* (from the OFFICIAL CM WIKI or UNOFFICIAL updated/additional ones HERE
8. Reboot

Note: When upgrading from a different ROM, or if you encounter bizarre problems, replace "Wipe Dalvik cache" with "Wipe system, data, and cache partitions". This will leave your SD card intact but otherwise obliterate your other settings and saved data.

You may benefit from a complete wipe and reflash. When I've encountered ROM problems, that generally solves them.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you are having serious hardware issues. Have you considered buying another device? They are really cheap.

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
As a news item i'm SURE everyone is aware of in the Dev community, I guess AOKP is now releasing scheduled builds on Sundays, and we'll know if there is going to be a new build on Thursday. I'm really looking forward to an AOKP 4.1.1 Quatt release, and hope all is going with the builds. Let us know when test builds become available!

bum_jesus

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I'll reply to this with a quote from BobZ's website. What you're encountering may be fixed followingthe "Note" at the bottom:

You may benefit from a complete wipe and reflash. When I've encountered ROM problems, that generally solves them.

I did a full wipe when flashed the first beta and a few times with the nightlies. Then did a full wipe once again with beta 2. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to do it again and reflash beta2. Also when I try to wipe delvak it says nothing is there.
Sounds like you are having serious hardware issues. Have you considered buying another device? They are really cheap.

Actually I should be getting an Galaxy 2 Friday but this phone will be going to my brother which still has a hero, and I would like for it to be working properly. I love this ROM I've just been having issues.

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
6. Last night it started to wig out. I was watching a YouTube video and the phone rebooted to the CM9 screen. I didn't think much of it because it wasn't the first time until it got to the home screen then rebooted again. It did this about 6 times before I shut it down and pulled the battery.

These are just the big issues. I have a few more that I can live with. Also just to show you my battery life, it took me 10-15 min to type this on the phone and my battery was at 39% when I started. It is now at 12%. I'm sure it will be at 10% by the time this gets sent.

What is your CPU MAX set to? Sometimes the reboots happen in the middle of operations if the CPU is getting hammered too hard (it does for me at least). Try lowering the max down to the low 700's (or possibly lower) and try the operation again. Also, check your governor too. Try a different governor to see if your battery life increases. There are a lot of variables that could be causing the battery life to drain (data hungry widgets, background processes, etc). Do you have the same battery issues when connected to WiFi instead of mobile data?

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't be long now. :)

Not sure if I'm shivering in anticipation or if I'm shivering because it's 55 degrees and falling outside in Chicago and I'm wearing a thin shirt. Either way, I'm shivering, and I'm gonna say it's because I want there to be 4.1.1 awesomeness with a big Q on it and some frackin' unicorns. Yea, I got a thing for unicorns. It's why I'm into AOKP.

bum_jesus

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
What is your CPU MAX set to? Sometimes the reboots happen in the middle of operations if the CPU is getting hammered too hard (it does for me at least). Try lowering the max down to the low 700's (or possibly lower) and try the operation again. Also, check your governor too. Try a different governor to see if your battery life increases. There are a lot of variables that could be causing the battery life to drain (data hungry widgets, background processes, etc). Do you have the same battery issues when connected to WiFi instead of mobile data?

Wifi seems to help slightly but its still pretty bad. And I've tried all kinds of different settings and governors.

bum_jesus

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I know this doesn't really belong here but I was just wondering cause I'm going to give this phone to my brother and get a gs2.

Anyway, will the phone being rooted stop it from his number being transferred over?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Alright so your saying I have to just use a stock rom and stay rooted or I have to unroot and go back to factory stock rom.

You can be rooted on a custom stock ROM. Don't let them do a factory reset. If you want to wipe your data (contacts etc) do a wipe data from your custom recovery

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I hate to be annoying like this, but do u know around when this rom might get another update? I'm really, really, really, REEAALLY, really looking for an ics rom without many bugs. Also one thing i would love to be used in the next build is how in TheKraven's cm7, when u get a notification with music playing through a headset, the notification doesnt go through the speaker, it plays through the heaset. I know that might have been hard to follow, sorry im bad at explaining things... anyway, any idea when this might become as stable as our cm7s we have?

bum_jesus

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
You can be rooted on a custom stock ROM. Don't let them do a factory reset. If you want to wipe your data (contacts etc) do a wipe data from your custom recovery

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alright I just completely unrooted it so I wouldnt run into any problems. Thanks for everything though. Everything switched over fine and now I get to mess with my GS2. =)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'll probably update in the next week or two. It may be jb, and I'm going to be working on an ics kernel again.

Currently have lots of projects at once...

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
It's crazy how quickly hobbies turn on a person, isn't it? ;)

LOL yeah. I have six devices and everyone wants updates. I should drop a couple but I don't know which... Oh well, I won't run out of things to do anytime soon. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter