[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS (ZVD)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Clock fc is from a dirty flash. Clear clock data to fix.

Now the next release will be a multi ROM so you can't easily flash the wrong one. :)

Also it looks more and more like ics is abandoned for aokp, so the next builds might be jb.

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Also it looks more and more like ics is abandoned for aokp, so the next builds might be jb.

I cannot support you enough in this endeavor. My only experience with JB has been BobZ's port, and it's pretty smooth. I'm sure with some slimming and canny codework, a CM10/Gummy/AOKP build of JB can work and be amazing. Nobody thought we'd ever see ICS on this little beast. Thanks again for bringing the A-Game!

Deucalion29710

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I figured it must have been an improper ROM for my device after I wiped completely clean and then flashed. After the 3rd attempt I went back to cm7. Could somebody link me to the proper ICS rom and gapps? Thanks everybody for your help and support. Sometimes you think you have the right rom and things start crashing one by one.

---------- Post Merged at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:38 AM ----------

What is supposedly different in Gummy ICS ROM?

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I figured it must have been an improper ROM for my device after I wiped completely clean and then flashed. After the 3rd attempt I went back to cm7. Could somebody link me to the proper ICS rom and gapps? Thanks everybody for your help and support. Sometimes you think you have the right rom and things start crashing one by one.

---------- Post Merged at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:38 AM ----------

What is supposedly different in Gummy ICS ROM?

Quatt for the V should be on the same page as all other Quatt builds. Just make sure you're downloading the version for the VM670 and not the LS670. While the hardware is supposed to be the same, not all 670 are created equal, and the fortune only smiles on fools, children, and kender.

Also, if you're using a VM670, you might have some better luck over in the V forum. While the devs are the same and the communities are incestuous (in a good way. Not like Lott), device specific answers are more likely to be accurate over there. Here's the link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/186113-rom-beta-quattrimus-ics.html

Deucalion29710

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everybody. You guys are very helpful and not a single person popped off at me to post in the correct forum. Lots can be said for that. I knew that this was for the S, but this thread seems to be more active. I think I may have previously found that ROM but I do need USB tethering, for I live in the sticks. I don't know if they ever got it working or not but we shall see. Worse case scenario I may have to wait on the JB beta release. There were some things I saw on ICS that were anything but user-friendly. Debugging options in weird places,etc. Anyway thanks again guys (and gals if applicable). Jumping on over to do some more reading about Q's Op V ROM.

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everybody. You guys are very helpful and not a single person popped off at me to post in the correct forum. Lots can be said for that. I knew that this was for the S, but this thread seems to be more active. I think I may have previously found that ROM but I do need USB tethering, for I live in the sticks. I don't know if they ever got it working or not but we shall see. Worse case scenario I may have to wait on the JB beta release. There were some things I saw on ICS that were anything but user-friendly. Debugging options in weird places,etc. Anyway thanks again guys (and gals if applicable). Jumping on over to do some more reading about Q's Op V ROM.

It costs money but, for USB tethering you could try PDANet. That's what I use and it works perfectly ^_^

ahagge

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know whether USB host mode works in Quattrimus (either CM9 or AOKP variant)? If not, is there any ROM available for the Optimus S (Gingerbread or ICS) that has it working?

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know whether USB host mode works in Quattrimus (either CM9 or AOKP variant)? If not, is there any ROM available for the Optimus S (Gingerbread or ICS) that has it working?

If you mean USB tethering, see the post above yours. If you mean file transfer via USB, then all but the cm10 should work.

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
If you mean USB tethering, see the post above yours. If you mean file transfer via USB, then all but the cm10 should work.

He said USB host mode which means that the phone would be the 'host', powering the bus, and enumerating connected USB devices. For example, connecting a portable hard drive to the phone with a USB socket to USB micro cable. I personally don't know if it's working but I wanted to make sure that part was clear.

This functionality was added to Android in version 3.1 though so I doubt that it'll be in any of the GB ROM's.

ahagge

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, my question was about USB host mode, not tethering or device mode.
This functionality was added to Android in version 3.1 though so I doubt that it'll be in any of the GB ROM's.
Actually, the Google oracle seems to indicate that the functionality was added in 2.3.4 (which, of course, is just above what LG supplies - sigh). So that's why I was wondering whether any ICS build had it enabled (or whether any Gingerbread build had it backported). In my case, I'm looking to connect a USB keyboard, and possibly a USB Ant+ adapter.

ahagge

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Not that I question your response, but can I ask where you got that information from? And what you understand the limitation to be?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Not that I question your response, but can I ask where you got that information from? And what you understand the limitation to be?

Did some research for you. I was told that info by those much smarter than I am, and have no reason not to trust them. I don't share information / answers without good sources...in this case, our developers. Check this thread on XDA though. It has some good reading on trying to make this work.

The problem is that the the O1 does not provide USB power, so you need to hack that in some way (use some external power supply), which I did.

Also, I have tried several kernels (stock, mik and this one) but nothing seems to happen when I plug devices (I have tried booting with the cable connected, etc.). There is no output regarding the USB when I type dmesg in terminal.

USB has 3 standard modes:
USB Host - connector acts as a "master" - just like the ports on a PC.
USB Device - connector acts as "slave" - just like most phones, mice, usb sticks, etc.
USB OTG - the USB connector acts like a device with a normal cable, but if you connect a special adapter (like the CA-157) the USB port switches to USB Host mode, so you can connect "USB Device" devices. Details on how this should work are on this thread and also elsewhere (wikipedia, etc.)

For our device to be able to recognize external devices as slaves we need:
- a special adapter (with external USB power)
- a kernel that has either full OTG support (the ability to switch into Host mode) or a kernel that has only USB Host mode driver compiled
- drivers/modules in the kernel for the devices that we connect (mouse, keyboard, memory stick, webcam, whatever)
- some app that automounts the USB Storage (or at least a line in fstab) or the knowledge to mount via the terminal (for the usb memory sticks/hdds).

I am not a developer, and also I do not have enough time to do extensive searches and testing. But I can give a hand. Also, if you browse the first posts of this thread, you will find some links and stuff.

Also, for people wanting USB OTG working on O1 a VERY good example is the ZTE Blade - same CPU, but has USB OTG working "out of the box" with the latest official roms.

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Thought: What about using the ADA rom as a base? Perhaps? Link: Home - Android Developer Alliance

Still: I want AOKP's Home button to answer calls. Chicago - gloves = hell. GET ME THIS!!!11!!1!! (one)!1! ;-)

Where is that setting? I'm using the Quattrimus beta 2 AOKP version and I'm certainly interested in using that feature this winter (Michigan winters can be colder just with less wind ^_^).

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
If it's in that AOKP version, it'd be in Accessibility in the system settings. I didn't see it there (I saw the add on the AOKP JB Build 2 page) when last I loaded up Quatt, but I believe that TheKraven may be building it into the next version of CAI. He was kind enough to allow me to test it for him, and it works on his build as long as you're not a rabbid key remapper (I had all my hard buttons set to not wake the screen, but that command takes the Wake command off screen wake anyway, so I have a custom map for it. That may have all been gibberish... let's just say I got it working super sexy).

Hopefully there will be new builds of everything with that option soon. Winter is coming... ;-)

bum_jesus

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I have been having quite a few problems.

1. My biggest problem is I don't get some of my phone calls. It never rings and I don't get a missed call notification. But I will get a voicemail text saying they left a voicemail.

2. Sometimes my texts lag. I have it set to show original time sent and I takes between 10-30min at times to get a text. That's just slightly annoying. Also my SMSbackup (both plus and regular) keep saying they are having a login issue.

3. This kinda continues from the backup issue, my email randomly will have login issues as well in addition to the white screen issue other people are having. Also most of the time my emails won't notify me unless the screen is on. I will wake up in the morning and go to che k the time and I'll get every email for the day at once. Sometimes 40+ emails that failed to notify me.

4. I have been having horrible battery life. I have to charge the phone 2-3 times a day. I've tried many different settings and none seem to make a very noticeable difference. The ROM I was running prior to this one gave me great battery life.

5. I don't know where to start with this one. The phone has seems to be like self destructing slowly. It seems every week another issue pops up. The latest is when I'm typing like now the cursor is constantly adjusting and jumping around. Sometimes it will just stop and start deleting letters and start replacing them with the ones I'm typing constantly deleting the last letter and replacing it with the next. Also if I click back to make a change higher in the body I click where I want to make the change and it will go there for a split second th3n jump to a completely random spot.

6. Last night it started to wig out. I was watching a YouTube video and the phone rebooted to the CM9 screen. I didn't think much of it because it wasn't the first time until it got to the home screen then rebootedagain. It did this about 6 times before I shut it down and pulled the battery.

These are just the big issues. I have a few more that I can live with. Also just to show you my battery life, it took me 10-15 min to type this on the phone and my battery was at 39% when I started. It is now at 12%. I'm sure it will be at 10% by the time this gets sent.

bum_jesus

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh and also I have no way to check my voicemail. I get a text saying call this number then when I do it just gives me a busy signal. I tried Google voice but it was very annoying having to press 1 every time I answered the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter