Network Connection Issues?

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
You might want to look under advanced options in the cellular settings. I have to set my Urbane to 3G to get signal at home.

Posted via the Android Central App

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with the LG Urbane 2nd Edition having issues connecting to the server transitioning (moving) from Bluetooth range, to wifi range, to LTE cellular connection? Specifically, what I am experiencing when I leave my house and my phone is at home on the charger, my watch will show as disconnected and you cannot use "OK Google" or anything that requires a data connection. This will sometimes last 5 to 10 minutes before the cellular feature of the watch kicks and I can again use it for searches, texts, etc.

I have my wifi on auto, cellular on auto, and Bluetooth and GPS are on. I suspect there is a software glitch in android wear talking to the hardware (LG) and the watch recognizing the transition between these forms of connecting. On m Samsung Gear S2, it was very good to know and connect to the cellular network on the watch within 10 - 15 seconds of leaving Bluetooth or wifi.

Has anyone else experienced this? If not, would some of try this out and report back? I want to know if this is limited to my device or if this is a common problem. 've also noticed that even though I turn off wifi, the watch eventually turns it back on automatically at some point.

I hope we are not looking a mojor problem here, but this is annoying.

OK, so I returned and exchanged my LG Urbane 2nd Ed for a new one because of the network connection problems on cellular. I've had the new one for about 24 hours and it seems to work much better. The watch still takes a minute or two to switch from Bluetooth to Cellular, but it works almost every time and I can conduct a Google search and make calls.

I recommend to all of you to test this and make sure your phones cellular is working correctly.

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
This article does a good job of summing up the issues I've experienced on the second generation of this watch. Google... are you there?

LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition: My first 18 hours with LG's Android Wear watch-phone | Greenbot

I'm kinda having a similar experience. I really only use LTE at the gym, so it's not a massive issue for me, but it is annoying when it doesn't work. Hopefully we'll see quick updates to try and fix this!

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The article was published last Nov. So, if there is no change in current version since Nov release of the 1st version, I don't think Google cares enough to release any fixes. TBH, there are a few things that my Samsung Gear S which was almost two-year old did better than AW. Google should hurry up and improve the experience on this watch. All I see so far is that Google primary focuses on BT only AW watches.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
This article and the posts on this forum reinforce my belief that the manufacturers continue to miss the mark by not creating an autonomous watch that functions as phone and notification device. It doesn't need to do everything a smartphone does, it just needs to do a few tasks very well.

So long as they continue on the path of a smartwatch being a companion to a smartphone, the audience will remain small and the price ceiling low. There aren't very many people who will pay $300 for a phone accessory.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, that is what AW all about (same goes for Apple Watch). There are stand alone Android watches (runs full Android OS) out there which is actually cheaper (Chinese made) than AW watches. However, without an official platform support, the apps will be extremely limited (running phone apps on a small watch won't be very useful).

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
This article and the posts on this forum reinforce my belief that the manufacturers continue to miss the mark by not creating an autonomous watch that functions as phone and notification device. It doesn't need to do everything a smartphone does, it just needs to do a few tasks very well.
I agree that with cell phones continually growing in size, more and more users may see the benefit of stand alone smartwatches.

There are stand alone Android watches (runs full Android OS) out there which is actually cheaper (Chinese made) than AW watches. However, without an official platform support, the apps will be extremely limited (running phone apps on a small watch won't be very useful).
...or even unusable when the apps depend on buttons at the bottom of a rectangular screen, for instance. :(

But there are also apps that do work fine on a small square or round screen.

streetpreacher

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue!

Have you found the solution yet??

Has anyone had problems with the LG Urbane 2nd Edition having issues connecting to the server transitioning (moving) from Bluetooth range, to wifi range, to LTE cellular connection? Specifically, what I am experiencing when I leave my house and my phone is at home on the charger, my watch will show as disconnected and you cannot use "OK Google" or anything that requires a data connection. This will sometimes last 5 to 10 minutes before the cellular feature of the watch kicks and I can again use it for searches, texts, etc.

I have my wifi on auto, cellular on auto, and Bluetooth and GPS are on. I suspect there is a software glitch in android wear talking to the hardware (LG) and the watch recognizing the transition between these forms of connecting. On m Samsung Gear S2, it was very good to know and connect to the cellular network on the watch within 10 - 15 seconds of leaving Bluetooth or wifi.

Has anyone else experienced this? If not, would some of try this out and report back? I want to know if this is limited to my device or if this is a common problem. 've also noticed that even though I turn off wifi, the watch eventually turns it back on automatically at some point.

I hope we are not looking a mojor problem here, but this is annoying.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues connecting to the phone remotely through cell or Wi-Fi after updating to AW 1.5.0.3086575 on the phone? I've had my watch for 9 months and never had this issue until I updated the AW app yesterday.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues connecting to the phone remotely through cell or Wi-Fi after updating to AW 1.5.0.3086575 on the phone? I've had my watch for 9 months and never had this issue until I updated the AW app yesterday.
Looks like it may be a firmware update last week on the phone(ZenFone 2) causing my problem. I downgraded my AW app, installed different play services, reset my phone and watch etc. with no luck so I paired my watch to another Android phone and the cloud sync through cell and Wi-Fi worked. Go figure. Looks like I need to find out how to downgrade the firmware on my phone now.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I';m back to having issues again too! OMG I hate this device. Spent several days after getting it to finally get the darn thing working and it did for all of about two weeks. Then sometime last week it began not connecting. SIM status shows Disconnected when not on BT or wifi.

The only features that really works is the phone. I'll get random text messages but not consistantly and nothing that requires voice input works. I just get that damn microphone spinning and saying trying again, etc....

I'm on my 2nd attempt this morning to restore it and get it working AGAIN. This is like the 15th time I've done this since getting it. If I can't get it working this morning I'm taking it to AT&T Store and raising hell until I get a refund.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
.....Then sometime last week it began not connecting. SIM status shows Disconnected when not on BT or wifi....

Yeah sounds frustrating. I've never had a problem in 9 months until now so my issue may be different. My network SIM status shows "connected" with cell radio on and BT/Wi-Fi off but I still have the cloud symbol. I'm using a Truphone SIM. I paired to another phone and it worked. I'm thinking my issue is a result of a firmware update on my phone, but I haven't figured how to downgrade the firmware yet so I can't test it for sure.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm here at att and they are issuing a full refund. The region Mgr is here and remembers all my issues.

He said they have had no sales at this very busy location actually work. Now they tell me that. I want my two weeks back!

Sticking with my original Gear S.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Wondering, did a recent AW update require the phone's bluetooth to be turned on even when connecting through cell data? Previously I would turn off bluetooth on the phone and connect with cell data before running. Now I get the "cloud" when I turn off bluetooth on the phone even with cell turned on in the watch. If I turn on phone's bluetooth, then it will connect remotely through cell data.

triolight

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that solved the problem in my case was to clear wear data on play services app of my phone. Kind of tricky to find the option on the phone app manager: you have to go to settings ->app manager-> play services -> data management -> manage werable data-> clear all.
It will reset the connection so you will need to reset the watch and re-pair with the phone again.
Worth a try.

isqb

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
The only thing that solved the problem in my case was to clear wear data on play services app of my phone. Kind of tricky to find the option on the phone app manager: you have to go to settings ->app manager-> play services -> data management -> manage werable data-> clear all.
It will reset the connection so you will need to reset the watch and re-pair with the phone again.
Worth a try.

THAANK YOU!

Now LTE works just fine. :-*