Why is my tablet flickering every time it gets to a low battery percentage?

A

AC Question

why is my tablet flickering everytime it gets to a low battery persenage?

when my Samsung tablet gets to 1-3 percent battery personage it starts flickering and I have no access to my tablet for hours, it turns itself off and I restarts, my tablet has been doing this for months and I don't know what to do, please help

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: why is my tablet flickering everytime it gets to a low battery persenage?

I don't know why it does that, but if you allow your battery to discharge to such low levels, you are probably damaging the battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is my tablet flickering everytime it gets to a low battery persenage?

You're definitely damaging the battery. Try to never let it get below 40%.

As to why it's doing what it's doing, when the charge gets too low, the battery doesn't have enough voltage for some of the circuits in the phone to work properly, and thy start failing - the screen uses a lot of power and when it gets to full brightness the voltage drops, the screen dims, the voltage goes back up, the screen gets brighter, the voltage drops, etc. Quickly enough that t looks like flickering.

When the battery gets low enough the tablet turns off to protect the battery (it should be set to turn off at around 20%). It doesn't have enough power to fully shut down at 1%-3%, so it restarts.

If you always run the battery down that low before recharging it, you'll be lucky to get 6 months out of it. (And batteries aren't covered by the warranty unless there's an obvious defect in the battery - discharging it too far too often isn't a manufacturing defect, it's a user problem.)