Galaxy S5 texts on the Moto 360

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock messaging app on my S5 and I can't seem to read texts on the watch. My only option is to open the message on my phone. Am I missing something? Does everyone else use Hangouts for text messages? I have been using the stock messaging app because I like the pop up I get with a new text on the lock screen and Hangouts didn't used to do that... Does it now?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S5 and I use the stock messenger. I am able to reply using my Moto 360
If you get the notification and swipe left, you should see several options, one including reply
Also you should see the message as a notification with the text

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I just tried again and my only option is to open the message on my phone. On your phone, in the settings for the messages app, in the notifications section, do you have the preview message options checked? I have both unchecked - there is an option to preview on the lock screen and in the status bar. Wonder if that's it?

Update: checking the option to preview the message in the status bar seems to fix it. I now have options to reply, call etc.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You mean I switched and have gotten used to hangouts for nothing? Well darn it... Good to know I can use the stock messaging app.

Posted via Android Central App

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So on the S5, as soon as you interact with a text notification on the 360,what happens on the phone? Does the lock screen notification go away?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So on the S5, as soon as you interact with a text notification on the 360,what happens on the phone? Does the lock screen notification go away?

Yeah notifications you remove from the watch will also be "swiped away" from the phone, and vice versa

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
It won't let me reply to the text messages on the watch for some reason ? I have the option but when I choose it all that happens is a green check mark comes up and it doesn't do anything.

Anyone else have this or know what I'm doing wrong?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It won't let me reply to the text messages on the watch for some reason ? I have the option but when I choose it all that happens is a green check mark comes up and it doesn't do anything.

Anyone else have this or know what I'm doing wrong?

Yeah I recently noticed the same thing with me, it wont let me reply and all I get is a green check mark...hopefully this gets fixed in a future update.

What you can do though as an alternative is to say "ok google" or double tap to open the "speak", and then say "text *this person*....." and it should text the person

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I recently noticed the same thing with me, it wont let me reply and all I get is a green check mark...hopefully this gets fixed in a future update.

What you can do though as an alternative is to say "ok google" or double tap to open the "speak", and then say "text *this person*....." and it should text the person

That's a good work around. It is kinda weird though - a buddy of mine has the Gear Live and he can reply to texts just fine. But like you said, hopefully it will be fixed in an update. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
How about if you use hangouts, can you reply directly that way?

Also, in all the videos of the watch we always see videos of the text notification from Alice Yang together with a picture of her, I am assuming this also only works with Hangouts?

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Most stock SMS apps will not work with Android Wear. There are plenty of SMS alternatives apps in the Play Store that do allow it. I'm currently using Chomp SMS that does provide Android Wear compatibility.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Most stock SMS apps will not work with Android Wear. There are plenty of SMS alternatives apps in the Play Store that do allow it. I'm currently using Chomp SMS that does provide Android Wear compatibility.

I am pretty sure that Hangouts would work then....after all, that's Googles baby.

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
So...those who can reply from 360.....are u on verizon? I asked bc i read rhay verizon stopped that from happening....

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I just installed chomp....as i used the basic messaging app on my note 3....it let u reply using chomp...which is better that the standard anyway!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laeahkora