Robin's Moto 360 Thread

mugenlude19

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: what is your favorite watch face?

facerepo.com all things facer and watchmaker. Thousands of faces.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thousands of faces I know, but missing that face as of 2 weeks ago. When you switch phones you lose all of your faces.
HTC repair center had my M8.

M8/360

coop5571

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Your faces are not lost, they're still on your old phone if you have it. All you have to do is export your faces to a shared folder from your old phone and import the faces to the new phone. I too was lost with out my Rolex Sea-Dweller until I figured this out. it takes some time but not any longer than finding and downloading the faces in the first place.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I really like skymaster from the play store. It's not to bad on battery

Posted via Android Central App

mugenlude19

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Your faces are not lost, they're still on your old phone if you have it. All you have to do is export your faces to a shared folder from your old phone and import the faces to the new phone. I too was lost with out my Rolex Sea-Dweller until I figured this out. it takes some time but not any longer than finding and downloading the faces in the first place.

Score! Thanks I should of thought of that. I just emailed it to myself and hosted on my Drive so I'll never lose it again!

EG Fox the creator took it down for some reason?!

M8/360

tacofiend

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I really like Pujie Black. Really customizable. I tried linking but apparently I need to make 5 more posts first.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
slight scratch...ugh

I've been so careful...in fact I had a screen protector but that cracked and I'm waiting on a new one. This scratch is barely noticeable but it bothers me. Should I contact Squaretrade or not worry about it?

AvaMichele

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: slight scratch...ugh

Once you get a new screen protector, you shouldn't be able to see it at all. I wouldn't call, if it were me. But you have your own feelings about it.

Sent from my Turbo via Tapatalk

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Once you get a new screen protector, you shouldn't be able to see it at all. I wouldn't call, if it were me. But you have your own feelings about it.

Sent from my Turbo via Tapatalk

Yeah you're right...its barely noticeable

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

coming from someone who never wore a watch prior to the 360, I've banged it almost against everything...its horrible. Thankfully its held together and I never use screen protectors, but I decided and invested in some. Yesterday i slammed mine against the locker at the gym, which had a sharp edge and left a chipped mark...I was peeved, but it managed to come off thankfully with some cleaning wipes. Basically, this thing is durable but definitely not indestructible...i agree a screen protector will probably make it not noticeable.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

coming from someone who never wore a watch prior to the 360, I've banged it almost against everything...its horrible. Thankfully its held together and I never use screen protectors, but I decided and invested in some. Yesterday i slammed mine against the locker at the gym, which had a sharp edge and left a chipped mark...I was peeved, but it managed to come off thankfully with some cleaning wipes. Basically, this thing is durable but definitely not indestructible...i agree a screen protector will probably make it not noticeable.

Yes its annoying because you want to wear it all the time and not worry about it. I got the KlearKare protectors yesterday and I like how they don't obstruct the clarity of the watch.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

You should see my moto 360. I'm a landscaper that works with hardscapes. Concrete products, natural stone, brick, pavers excetra. A lot of the Black is scraped off the buckle on my band and I have several small nicks on the metal body of the watch. I use the IQ shield screen protectors, and don't have any scratches on my screen because of that. When I bought my watch I knew it would be treated roughly like this, and I'm okay with that. My leather band is also heavily patinaed, but it looks good that way.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

You should see my moto 360. I'm a landscaper that works with hardscapes. Concrete products, natural stone, brick, pavers excetra. A lot of the Black is scraped off the buckle on my band and I have several small nicks on the metal body of the watch. I use the IQ shield screen protectors, and don't have any scratches on my screen because of that. When I bought my watch I knew it would be treated roughly like this, and I'm okay with that. My leather band is also heavily patinaed, but it looks good that way.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Haha yeah I put the shield on there so nothing else happens...you can't see the scratch its very small

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: What is the best watchface for optimum battery?

Have you updated your watch? Since two or three updates ago, my battery life has been phenomenal. Can go for 48+ hours with normal use, and a full day with fairly heavy use.

Anyway, the more animations and data the watchface displays, the more it drains your battery. So, if you use the stock digital one with nothing but the time, that's the most battery-effective.

Of course, the usual -do not use constant screen on- applies.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Have you updated your watch? Since two or three updates ago, my battery life has been phenomenal. Can go for 48+ hours with normal use, and a full day with fairly heavy use.

Anyway, the more animations and data the watchface displays, the more it drains your battery. So, if you use the stock digital one with nothing but the time, that's the most battery-effective.

Of course, the usual -do not use constant screen on- applies.

Yep I have and it seemed to do better. I tried one of the facer watchfaces and that bombed the battery.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, some Facer watchfaces have been pretty bad with my battery, too... But I think I still can go a full day of normal use even with Facer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty