How to unlock Verizon Prepaid E4 for normal Verizon service

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've got a brand new Moto E4 for Verizon Prepaid. I've bought and received an unlock code for it. I want to use it on my normal Verizon account. The instructions I see online for putting in the unlock code involve putting in a SIM for another carrier (ATT/T-Mobile,etc), and on boot-up it'll give the menu for the code. I put in my regular Verizon SIM, and it doesn't give that menu.

How do I put in my unlock code? Am I going to have to borrow someone's non-Verizon SIM?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well crap, it said code accepted, but it's not working properly. Anytime I try to call someone, Verizon's automated system answers.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I'm using it as a WiFi only phone with Google Hangout dialer + Google voice, and ordered my wife an unlocked one directly from Motorola

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think you need to use it on Verizon Prepaid before using it on Verizon Postpaid.

I'm surprised your line didn't get hotlined.

Matthew Stegman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I bought prepaid moto e4 plus from verizon and was told in store I had to use it for so long before it can be used on postpaid. None of that is true.
Few days went by and I called the 611 number and a lady got it working on my postpaid account immediately.