insufficient storage available error?

fghazi

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem, I supposedly have a 32Gb device (supposedly because android have a very funny way of displaying it), there is less than 25 Mb of data usage, and the free memory shows as 16 Gb. But I still get the "Insufficient Storage.." message.

Obviously there is a fundamental issue here, I just can't see why the developers at android cannot simply fix the issue, rather than give the users the runaround, to find workarounds.

The fix should be very simple to find, there must be a line of code which looks for the available storage, what ever its looking at is wrong, fix it and the issue goes away.

Ankit Dawda

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
im facing an error of insufficient memory when I have sufficient space in my internal and external memory . Please suggest as im facing this issue since long time and is getting onmy nerves now

Cushastri

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Any solution for the above problem.
I have Moto G(2 Gen) 8 GB. I got Apps to about 2.5 gb and some whats app data (300 mb). When ever I try to download new app or update existing app it shows an error of 'insufficient memory' . Please help

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
FYI, for me...the Google Play Store will not let me do a multiple app update if I have 500 MB or less left, memory wise.

If a cache clear gets it up to over 600 MB free or so, it works fine.

I have very little as far as media on this phone.

Darren Crozier

May 6, 2016
Visit site
So I'm having an issue with my Moto G, when trying to install apps I get an "insufficient storage available" error despite the fact I have 500MB+ free and the apps I'm trying to install are all at most 50MB. After Google searching a lot I discovered it was a common problem among android phones with 4.2.2 and up (sidenote, my device is 4.3) and usually is related to the phone trying to install onto the internal memory before the external. Now the problem here is, the Moto G only has internal memory, so none of the fixes I've found such as changing the boot order round so that it installs to the external first, will help in my case.

I'm completely stumped and any help would be appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87