Charging My Moto G

Palash Shah

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey. When I charge my Moto G the charger gets extremely hot. And the device sometimes gets hot. Is this the problem with everyone? I am Motorola's original charger. Please help me

Posted via Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey. When I charge my Moto G the charger gets extremely hot. And the device sometimes gets hot. Is this the problem with everyone? I am Motorola's original charger. Please help me

I can't speak on behalf of Moto G users, but my Nexus 5 charger gets very hot, but the phone doesnt, I would maybe return to the store encase there is an issue with your phone and or charger.

cooljatt18

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
read the charger output values, for moto g any micro usb charger between 700-1500 mah will do, for other phones also the same applies.

Converted007

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Tried all sockets available in my house :p bt still problem is there.

From europe (belgium) here, and noticed exact the same!
The charger is not the original (a universal usb charger), but the charger gets way too hot, so does the phone at the beginning of the charge. Then after a while it gets less hot (the phone) till its cold again by the time the battery is fully charged.
Then tried a different charger (an original Apple iPhone charger) with the original Moto G usb cable and the phone gets hot tho, but not that hot then with the other charger. The charger itself gets semi-hot.

So i presume it has something to do with the phones battery. I have no idea if its normal that a phonebattery gets hot while charging?

Jeet Thakkar

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same problem the past couple of days, and i must admit the charger supplied looks to be of a poor build quality..in my case it's 2 different moto g phones brought on different times..charger gets extremely hot and phone lags when used while charging except for when it's connected to the live usb port on my laptop(with the laptop charger unplugged-if I plug in the laptop charger, the problem starts again). anyone found any solutions please reply.

Mayur Thakur

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

I also got same problem with moto g.
Can anybody tell is it normal?. because the charger gets very hot at d time of charging.
Also I've reported to flipkart & waiting for reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
same here...charger getting heated up...phone as well...

Are you using the phone at the same time?

If so I would suggest that's pretty normal, and especially so if you're running 4.4.4, and never had a phone/charger combo where the charger hasn't run hot.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
First of all original moto g never shipped with a wall charger, it shipped with a usb cable. I'm not sure if new moto g's come with a charger, but regardless, you should ALWAYS charge your moto g with usb cable attached to a pc, NEVER EVER with a wall charger. It will charge at a high voltage, damaging battery or possibly causing 'thermal runaway'. Hence in extreme instance your battery will leak. Moderate instance would be that as soon as battery reaches 100%, after 10 or so mins it will drop to 90%.

Install battery temp monitoring app to see battery temp or use CQATest that comes with moto g. About charger running hot, the op seems to be in india, and it usually happens in hot countries.

DJ Towey

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm finding my new Moto E is similary selective about which chargers it will actually charge up with. My old HTC One S charger it won't recognise and does nothing when i plug it in but my Lenovo Yoga 8 charger it works fine with. I've also tried various usb cables with my htc charger, including the one supplied with the phone, to no avail. However, i've found my Moto E will charge from a mobile charger.