Two PHOTOS app in lollipop update

Krkkumar2905

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Just got Lollipop update.. Two nos of google photos app is there. Both showing same data.. Why is it? Even Moto 2014 G2 has got same issue.. Why is it???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would guess that it's only the app icon that is being duplicated, not the app. Is it listed twice in the Settings>Apps>All list as well?

Try wiping the cache partition: https://motorola-global-portal.cust...tail/a_id/97335/p/30,6720,9050/kw/clear cache

Another thing to try is to go to Settings>Apps>All, select Launcher (or whatever the stock launcher is called), and Clear Cache/Clear Data. This will wipe the homescreens as well, so you'll have to set them up again. But it might clear out that App Drawer glitch.

blak8830

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Saw this elsewhere - the advice was to disable google+.
After that, re-enable and download and updates for google+ again.

Lazareno DeOliveira

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
>
Saw this elsewhere - the advice was to disable google+.
After that, re-enable and download and updates for google+ again.
>

This worked for me. Google+ icon later becomes normal again automatically.

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Worked for me too (on my Nexus 7, 2012, tablet - I live in Europe so I'm still waiting for Lollipop on my Moto G). Once you've disabled Google+ and re-enabled it, you do then need to go to the Play Store, choose 'My Apps' and update Google+ (the update should be ready to install) in order to get the normal icon again.

Ivo-p

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Will I loose my g + profile if I disable it? And how can I do that? I can't even open it atm
Seems like a lollipop bug.

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Actually you don't have to disable Google+. I've just got 5.0.2. on my Moto G and I forgot the above advice on disabling the app. I just selected 'uninstall updates' (from Settings, Apps, Google+). That gets rid of the duplication but messes up the icon and app name. Don't worry. Once that has been done, going to the Play Store and updating Google+ (an update should be marked as available as soon as you go to 'My Apps') restores the proper icon and app name. If you have photos backed up online, Google+ then takes a while to sync them.

By the way (having seen the 'wipe cache partition' sugestion above) if you do want to wipe the cache partition - which I'm told is a good thing to do after an Android version upgrade - note that the method has partially changed with Android 5. This guide worked for me (eventually - the step to get past the 'dead android' icon didn't work for me first time, so keep trying):

How to clear cache partition on Moto G and Moto X after Android Lollipop update? - Moto G Phone Guide

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699