Moto G6 random reboots...

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a factory reset Moto g6 that randomly Reboots. This time, I was watching a CNN app news clip. But it happens at other times as well. Battery fully charged. Any suggestions?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'd try running it in safe mode to be sure it's not a 3rd party app causing the problem. Also try clearing your cache partition. And don't overlook a possible memory card failing as well... they can cause all sorts of weird issues. Pull it out and see what happens. Last but not least that's a classic sign of a battery dying... unfortunately that would probably be my main suspect. If the batteries older, doesn't last as long as it used to and charges up extra fast that might be your problem. You have some things to try, let us know how it goes ;-)

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
My friend's G6 started doing the same thing a month or so ago. I recommended all the trouble shooting steps above, and told him his battery was probably failing even though it displayed a good charge. He got so frustrated fiddling with it he just went and bought a new phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@J Dubbs, the G6 has dual A/B partitions for seamless updates, which means the system cache partition can't be cleared.:-\

I agree that the battery is the most likely culprit if it's still happening in Safe Mode. Is he phone usually warm when this happens?

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My friend's G6 started doing the same thing a month or so ago. I recommended all the trouble shooting steps above, and told him his battery was probably failing even though it displayed a good charge. He got so frustrated fiddling with it he just went and bought a new phone.

LoL. I went back and bought the G7 Power after breaking my original ones screen and changing over to an Samsung. Sucked I had to buy the same phone twice because I could have got another G7 with the insurance but I didn't want to wait. ????????????*♂️ Luckily it was only 100$

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
@J Dubbs, the G6 has dual A/B partitions for seamless updates, which means the system cache partition can't be cleared.:-\

I agree that the battery is the most likely culprit if it's still happening in Safe Mode. Is he phone usually warm when this happens?

My wife has a g6 running Android 9 and I just cleared her cache partition a few weeks ago to fix a Google Assistant problem. Not sure if there's other versions or not but I ordered hers unlocked directly from the Moto website. I only saw the one version with different storage options ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
No SD present. It's been factory reset a couple of times recently, as I was going to use the Moto G6; but I missed my Pixel 2xl to much. So reset again, and ported my mom's JitteeBug Smartphone, or at least that's what they called it. You could load about 3 apps, and it was pathetically slow. While I used it, it rebooted a couple of random times as well. One time I had to to the reset power on to get it to come back on. The phone was purchased, but was rarely used, as the person went back to an iPhone 8 plus. Could be the battery, I guess. I will try Safe Mode for awhile. I don't have nearly as many apps on the Moto g6 that I have on my Pixel 2xl.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
No SD present. It's been factory reset a couple of times recently, as I was going to use the Moto G6; but I missed my Pixel 2xl to much. So reset again, and ported my mom's JitteeBug Smartphone, or at least that's what they called it. You could load about 3 apps, and it was pathetically slow. While I used it, it rebooted a couple of random times as well. One time I had to to the reset power on to get it to come back on. The phone was purchased, but was rarely used, as the person went back to an iPhone 8 plus. Could be the battery, I guess. I will try Safe Mode for awhile. I don't have nearly as many apps on the Moto g6 that I have on my Pixel 2xl.

That's strange, my wife has a G6 and she's merciless on that thing....she has a bunch of resource hogging apps including the phone killing Facebook app on it, and it has worked great for her from the beginning. She uses every feature on that phone, alot of them running at the same time and never has an issue. Plus it charges faster and gets better battery life than my pixel. Best $160 I've ever spent on a phone ;-) They can be great phones when they're working right. Plus it got call screening and the advanced chat feature just like my pixel... not that many phones have received those pixel specific features yet.

Eep Squared

May 7, 2022
Visit site
LoL. I went back and bought the G7 Power after breaking my original ones screen and changing over to an Samsung. Sucked I had to buy the same phone twice because I could have got another G7 with the insurance but I didn't want to wait. ������������*♂️ Luckily it was only 100$

I get random restarts with the Moto G7 power so your problem isn't fixed...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa