Android Phone Cannot Pass Google Verification After Reset.

Useless Peter

Dec 15, 2022
Visit site
Hi. The wife has a Motorola Moto G5 (XT1675). At the start of the week, the phone went into a power down, restart loop. Could not stop this even by removing the battery and it was impossible to get into safe mode either. This was only resolved with a hard reset. On attempting to reinitiate the phone, the wife had forgotten her google password details. We reset the password online and entered the new one into the phone. This was rejected and with the message that we would have to wait for 24hours. Having susbsequently discovered that this has to be a full 24 hours from any attempt, we waited for this period with the phone off. On trying this time, we got the message that the password was now "incorrect". I knew it was not "incorrect", so I waited yet another 24 hours and this morning, I got the message to wait for yet another 24 hours. It is possible to access this same google account using a laptop and the exactly the same verification details. Help please.

Reactions: Wayne Vincent

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
They're having some really good deals on Moto phones right now, I would suggest picking up a new one... or maybe even another brand like a pixel 6a for $300. It's a great phone, I bought one for my wife to replace her Moto G6. Your wife's G5 is an old phone that's warning you it can no longer be trusted... time to move on ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to her Google account details on her computer browser (myaccount.google.com), then Security>Manage All Devices. Select her phone there and then Sign Out. Give it maybe an hour or so, in case it takes some time to register the signout, and then try signing into the phone again.

Useless Peter

Dec 15, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to her Google account details on her computer browser (myaccount.google.com), then Security>Manage All Devices. Select her phone there and then Sign Out. Give it maybe an hour or so, in case it takes some time to register the signout, and then try signing into the phone again.

I'll give that a try and let you know how I get on. Thanks for the reply.

Useless Peter

Dec 15, 2022
Visit site

No joy, still bricked...The same reason I left apple, too much hassle if things went wrong, now google appears to be as bad.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I think if you reset your password before or while your phone is frp(factory reset protection) locked then you have to wait 72 hours. That's how it used to be anyways as an extra security measure so you have time to secure your account in case your phone is stolen. It might not work with the new password still though. I've had to bypass frp lock before so it's possible if you're trying to keep the phone, but I don't think I'm allowed to say how lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think if you reset your password before or while your phone is frp(factory reset protection) locked then you have to wait 72 hours. That's how it used to be anyways as an extra security measure so you have time to secure your account in case your phone is stolen. It might not work with the new password still though. I've had to bypass frp lock before so it's possible if you're trying to keep the phone, but I don't think I'm allowed to say how lol.
Nope any talk about FRP bypassing will be closed down

Useless Peter

Dec 15, 2022
Visit site

If you have recovered the account on google by going through their verification on the pc, then you have proved that you own the account. Is this part of google's T&Cs that we sign up for, that you will never be able to unbrick your own phone if they see fit? As for bypassing, google are hot on this and paid out $10 gees for the last viable one. I have great love for google, sure.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
If you have recovered the account on google by going through their verification on the pc, then you have proved that you own the account. Is this part of google's T&Cs that we sign up for, that you will never be able to unbrick your own phone if they see fit? As for bypassing, google are hot on this and paid out $10 gees for the last viable one. I have great love for google, sure.

Whe the phone is frp locked it stops syncing so changing the password only changes it on googles side, not the phones. The phone isn't bricked it's just locked.

Try going to passwords.google.com on your PC and find the account in the list and check the password. It's possible that the old saved password is still there unless you got a pop up to update saved password and said ok to it when you logged in. Worth a try

Last edited:

Useless Peter

Dec 15, 2022
Visit site
Whe the phone is frp locked it stops syncing so changing the password only changes it on googles side, not the phones. The phone isn't bricked it's just locked.

Try going to passwords.google.com on your PC and find the account in the list and check the password. It's possible that the old saved password is still there unless you got a pop up to update saved password and said ok to it. Worth a try

Tried that, no joy. The phone is unuseable, but I'll take great comfort that it is not effectively bricked, just "locked"! Thanks for the reply

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch