Get rid of no sim card message?

xklpx

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I just got a moto g to use as a media device. I don't intend to put a sim card in it, I just use it on WiFi. My problem is that there's a message on the lock screen, and an icon in the status bar, reminding me that there's "no sim card - emergency calls only". Is it possible to get rid of these?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got a moto g to use as a media device. I don't intend to put a sim card in it, I just use it on WiFi. My problem is that there's a message on the lock screen, and an icon in the status bar, reminding me that there's "no sim card - emergency calls only". Is it possible to get rid of these?

long press that notification and app info pops up. click "app info" and disabled notification on the app info..

dont know if that will work or if that disables other system notifications

xklpx

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
long press that notification and app info pops up. click "app info" and disabled notification on the app info..

dont know if that will work or if that disables other system notifications

It's just an icon on the status bar, there's no notification.

strav22

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

I put a TMOBILE sim that is not activated and then turned off Mobile data.

There are two things I see now which I would like to get rid of

1. Signnal bar of network: I don't care about this so much
2. Voice mail notification: If you force stop the phone app, it gets rid of the message. Not sure if there are performance consequences by doing this.
(Note, if you restart the phone, the voicemail icon re appears.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress