Can you get Spotify saved music to save on the external SD card using this method?

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I have a first gen Moto X with a cracked screen and am thinking about getting a 3rd Gen 16 GB Moto G to replace it, but I am concerned about using the SD card to make up for the smaller storage space. If this works (along with a 120 GB card) that would be great.

Looking at my storage, by far the biggest app hog is Spotify so just making sure I can store the saved music on the external card on the Moto G (NOT changing it to "adopted"/internal). If so it will probably get me to pull the trigger.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/spotify-move-offline-music-sd-card/

- Go to System Settings
- Go to "Apps"
- Find Spotify there
- On Spotify's page, first, tap "Force Close"
- Then tap "Clear cache" if it's not greyed out.
- Then tap "Unninstall" and remove the app.
- After uninnstalling, power off your device.
- If you can, remove the battery now. Power back on.
- Using a file manager on your phone or with your USB cable and your computer, go to Internal Storage > Android > Data and delete a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui
- Reinstall Spotify from Google Play

If you do these steps correctly, you'll do a clean reinstallation of the app, with no piece of data to tell Spotify to save data to your internal storage.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Just tried a clean install, default storage is set to external sd card. There was no need to go through all steps.

Thanks. I'd rather not delete everything and re-save it, so I'll see if the other method works first. (It won't remember what I saved if I delete and re-install, will it?)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch