Autocorrect won't come on

mwemaxxowner

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I cleared the apps' cache this morning to free up some memory, and deleted a few apps. Now my auto correct will not function.

I've gone into the settings and it is turned on. Auto capitalize is on, all of that, but it does nothing.

Any ideas how I can restore its function?

Last edited:

mwemaxxowner

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I don't remember. Lol. But no I don't think so.

It also performed a few updates right afterward. It seems the Google "gboard" keyboard updated and isn't working in that aspect now. I've switched to an "English and indic" keyboard and set it up and it's working well. I liked the Google keyboard a little better though. I don't think it will even let me delete any system apps. Are there any particular apps I need to look for and make sure they are in place?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're not rooted, you wouldn't have been able to delete anything important. But it is possible to Disable an app that might be important, so go to Settings>Apps and look to see if you disabled any apps.

mwemaxxowner

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
It had something to do with the "Gboard" update. It updated again and all is well. With me not having changed anything. I've gone back to that keyboard, and autocorrect is working fine. Odd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa