Multiple text messages from iPhone users

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is an Android Messages issue or my phone or something; while I'm at work my manager at times sends me text messages from his iPhone and I get multiple messages (on my manager's phone it's only 1 message sent), same one within a minute, on my Android Messages (Moto G5 Plus). I use WiFi at work and am on WiFi Calling; does this have to do anything with me getting multiple messages from iPhones? I rarely use T-Mobile while I'm at work (poor reception at times).
From Android phones I get messages fine, no multiple.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds more like a carrier problem or an iPhone (iMessage) setting problem. He should check to see if there's any setting in iMessage that doesn't look right. (You're not using Google Voice, are you - that can sometimes be set to do some strange things.)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It sounds more like a carrier problem or an iPhone (iMessage) setting problem. He should check to see if there's any setting in iMessage that doesn't look right. (You're not using Google Voice, are you - that can sometimes be set to do some strange things.)

It's iPhone to Android so iMessage isn't involved. Unless you know the setting on the iPhone, it's likely a carrier or Motorola issue not handling the multi-part SMS or long MMS message correctly.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No iMessage is being sent, but it's the iMessage app that's sending the SMS, so the app is involved. I don't know what settings are in it, but there may be some that can cause a problem like that.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No iMessage is being sent, but it's the iMessage app that's sending the SMS, so the app is involved. I don't know what settings are in it, but there may be some that can cause a problem like that.

I think you're confusing the iOS Messages app with Apple's iMessage messaging protocol.

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

I don't use Google Voice with my Motorola phone. I'll ask the iPhone user to send me a text while I'm on the mobile network (not wifi) and see if I get multiple messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress