Motorola "X" Phone

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The only reason to use stock is the development that flows it. I would never run a completely stock device mor than I had to. Cm and other stock based roms are the reason why many like stock. There are many things that it is just flat missing. Like why in the world did it take till 4.2 to get any kind of pull down setting toggles? That's probably the most useful thing to ever be put on a phone and skins have had it forever it seems.

Sent from my SCH-I535
ironically I removed that from my pull down notification bar. I never used it as I like to have a toggle on my home screen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
ironically I removed that from my pull down notification bar. I never used it as I like to have a toggle on my home screen.

I use the PA feature to set the device up in "phablet mode", which basically gives it the Nexus 7 UI (combined with Nova launcher for the extra buttons, etc. This makes the navigation and notification bars much smaller (yay more screen!) and has the pull down the left side for notifications, right side for settings. I absolutely love it. 2 finger swipe down from the top also brings down settings. In my opinion that setup makes 100% more sense to me, but I think it could be confusing for people if it came out of the box that way.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I use the PA feature to set the device up in "phablet mode", which basically gives it the Nexus 7 UI (combined with Nova launcher for the extra buttons, etc. This makes the navigation and notification bars much smaller (yay more screen!) and has the pull down the left side for notifications, right side for settings. I absolutely love it. 2 finger swipe down from the top also brings down settings. In my opinion that setup makes 100% more sense to me, but I think it could be confusing for people if it came out of the box that way.
hmm interesting. May give that a try.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I'd much rather run stock than anything else. Not that wasn't always the case, but after using a GNex, I really came to like it.

Having touchwiz on my S3 is not nearly as nice, I just don't feel like falling into the black hole that is rom flashing on it at the moment.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I'd much rather run stock than anything else. Not that wasn't always the case, but after using a GNex, I really came to like it.

Having touchwiz on my S3 is not nearly as nice, I just don't feel like falling into the black hole that is rom flashing on it at the moment.

word.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Agreed! I'm sick of flashing ROMs just to look like stock because touchwiz looks and feels like a 2005 Windows XP design. :(

dcunited08

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
long wait too, their talking october time frame. moto will be up against the note 3.

The Note 3 is in a different league, I don't want an Exynos device. I am up for renewal halfway through October so I guess it will be right on time for me.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Well the 1st day of Fall is September 22, so the longest you will have to wait is 3 months and 23 days from today or 115 days or 2760 hours or for those chomping at the bit just 165600 minutes or 9.936e+6 seconds. I can hardly wait :)

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I just can't see how it's going to be that much of an improvement over the S4 or HTC One to be worth waiting for 3 more months or so. It seems like the main improvement it'll have over those phones is battery life and not much else...

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested to see what kind of hardware features this phone will have. Assuming the Nexus 5 will be coming out around the same time (October or so), then I'm willing to wait and see. :)

iGEtReAdY2FLy

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I hope when they announce it that it has a bigger memory capacity then 16gb. Also, if its running stock android then hopefully they have a feature set that rivals Samsung phones.

Posted via Android Central App

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Riddle me this, the Motorola Xphone passed through FCC with att then VZW certifications. And what sights have pulled was mediocar specs and nothing particular. And reading moto presser it sounds like this is the same phone. So it sounds like cheap specs but crazy software. Ie a version like how nexus does it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty