Motorola "X" Phone

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Archos announces new line of stock Android (and Google-certified) smartphones | Android Central

This thing is all sorts of confusing.... three devices, both "stock", two on 4.1 and one on 4.0, all are missing on screen buttons and have a wildly inappropriate button configuration (menu button that shouldn't exist and missing the recent apps button). These devices insult the concept of "stock" and, while proving that companies can do this, also show the dangers of doing it with very poor execution.
Good post. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

xcalibur1011

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a strong feeling this device will be unveiled at a Motorola or Motorola/Google event held here in NYC, Google I/O will center around Key lime and something else, then Motorola will have their own event to showcase Android 5.0 and the X phone features together.....But this is just my speculation.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a strong feeling this device will be unveiled at a Motorola or Motorola/Google event held here in NYC, Google I/O will center around Key lime and something else, then Motorola will have their own event to showcase Android 5.0 and the X phone features together.....But this is just my speculation.

This would make the most sense. This is rumored to be a Motorola phone, NOT a Google or nexus phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535

dcunited08

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I want Google to keep Jelly Bean 4.x going for the rest of year - just to spite everyone saying "5.0".

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
2.X Phone
3.X Tablet
4.X Both

5.X ??? No reasons to jump like that
Next logic step is 4.3 and it will be.

5.X phone, tablet, smart watch, Glass, and who knows what else.

Just a possibility of course.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
5.X phone, tablet, smart watch, Glass, and who knows what else.

Just a possibility of course.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
Glass apparently uses Ice cream Sandwich.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Glass apparently uses Ice cream Sandwich.

True.. not sure how permanent that will remain though. It uses a new form of Google Now looking cards which is weird and awesome. My guess is that by the time the consumer ones start hitting the shelves there will be an update, but it might be a 4.06 or something that keeps it ICS and basically on a separate line from phones/tablets until a future convergence like 3.x devices were.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz