VZW Folk: Moto X or Droid Ultra??

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the exact same boat. Problem is, if i go to at&t, i lose unlimited data and i pay more for that privilege :eek:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

My mom has a Nexus 4 with an AT&T Net10 sim. Unlimited data comes out to <$51 month with automatic billing. Sim cost me $5 on eBay.
No complaints from her yet.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy nexus until it dies.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Mine is dying. Seems like the screen is chewing through the juice at double or triple of what it used to. I used to get 3 hours of screen time on WiFi and now I'm lucky to get an hour and a half sometimes.

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Until devices are LTE only, don't ever expect to see another Nexus on Verizon.

I agree. My comment was a little more tongue-in-cheek then it came across. But I've learned to never say I know what is coming down the pipeline with certainty, so who knows.

My galaxy nexus is also on its death bed.

NovaSS369

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Stuck in this same boat my friends. As a Mobile employee at BB its going to be hard as I have to buy the phone at the store so I can get our insurance and cheaper pricing. I love my S3 and am giving it to my dad for his upgrade which I have been sitting on waiting for this 8/1 announcement. I am leaning towards the X as well; I want to know the release date already!

Kayone73

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine is dying. Seems like the screen is chewing through the juice at double or triple of what it used to. I used to get 3 hours of screen time on WiFi and now I'm lucky to get an hour and a half sometimes.

Your battery is just degrading and losing capacity

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I use the Galaxy Nexus and have been itching for a new phone. At first read, I was turned off by the specs of the Moto X. But after some thought, I'd probably pick it up over the Ultra/Maxx if:

1) Performance is silky smooth and quick.
2) Battery life is amazing. I know the Droid line has more mah, but with the Moto X's less demanding display and optimizations, it may last just as long.

Although I'd love to have the top end specs, I'd rather have awesome performance and battery life.

Will wait for reviews of both before I jump the gun.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I am leaning towards the Droid Maxx for the larger battery and 32GB memory. I need the memory because it is not practical for me to keep everything in the cloud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I am leaning towards the Droid Maxx for the larger battery and 32GB memory. I need the memory because it is not practical for me to keep everything in the cloud.

Same here...I just hope that 720p screen looks alright at 5inches.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Given the choice, I'd go with the X. Although at this point I'm not sure I'd want to sell my GS4 for it. I know hell will freeze over before Verizon gets another Nexus but I'm going to bid my time till October/November. Maybe at that point I'll be ready to make the jump from Big Red.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm also torn between the Maxx and the Moto X.

I'd love the Maxx's battery (I have a Maxx HD currently), but I'm leaning towards the Moto X for a couple of reasons, especially if the Moto X is truly battery-efficient.

- Smaller overall phone despite minor screen size difference (4.7 vs. 5.0 but Moto X has much less bezel). Lighter as well. The Maxx HD I have can get kinda heavy given because of the battery. I have smaller hands and don't need a jumbo phone.

- Given that the Moto X is available on multiple carriers, software updates may be more frequent / less delayed (though this IS Verizon we're talking about). The Droid series are Verizon-only devices, so OS updates may be less frequent despite same basic hardware architecture.

- On-screen navigation buttons versus bezel buttons. I had a tendency to hit the hardware capacitive buttons accidentally when typing on my old GS3 in landscape, so I'm concerned it'll happen here as well. I haven't hit them accidentally with the on-screen navigation buttons on my Maxx HD so far.

- Potentially more developer support since it's available on multiple carriers.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

This.

I'm going to wait a month or so after the new Droid line is released and see what if any major problems they have. 16GB is way too small for me and the way I use my phone, so it has to be the Maxx. The extra battery life is a plus as well.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Is the Moto X confirmed as a world phone? I know the Ultra and the MAXX are. This would make my decision pretty easy.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I do like the look of the X better than the Ultra. But the Maxx version of the new Droid is going to be hard to resist with all that battery. I don't think there will be much performance difference in them, so basically it comes to ergonomics and looks. Based on what I'm seeing prices will be comparable. I have to say the X looks like it will feel better in the hand. I have a DNA with that form factor and the rounded back with thin edges sits well in the hand. Also the slightly smaller screen will make the phone easier to use.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I use the Galaxy Nexus and have been itching for a new phone. At first read, I was turned off by the specs of the Moto X. But after some thought, I'd probably pick it up over the Ultra/Maxx if:

1) Performance is silky smooth and quick.
2) Battery life is amazing. I know the Droid line has more mah, but with the Moto X's less demanding display and optimizations, it may last just as long.

Although I'd love to have the top end specs, I'd rather have awesome performance and battery life.

Will wait for reviews of both before I jump the gun.

The Droids have the same hardware and software so I'd expect them to be just as smooth as the X. And the Ultra, despite having a larger screen and a smaller battery, has better battery life.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
if i am ever to buy a phone from verizon it would be Moto X

- - - Updated - - -

if i am ever to buy a phone from verizon it would be Moto X

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Id go with the x since it is a smaller package with only .3 difference in screen size. That and a larger battery than ultra

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'd have to get down and dirty with both, but from what I've seen it looks like the X is better packaged. I'm not interested in a 5" screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa