I Have to buy a phone today....

serenemind

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting to try the Moto X, the next Iphone and Note 3 and then decide which one to buy. I am not tied to one particular platform and love both android and iOS. I have been on android for the last 3 years.

I have tried:
HTC one and loved it but got bored of it really quick
GS4 except the display and camera I hated the phone (Cannot stand touchwiz)

So I went back to my iphone 4s and have been using it with iOS7 for the last 2+months. Last night the 4s fell in water and Siri has gone nuts ever since.
Siri places calls randomly; upon disabling Siri, voice control takes over and does the same thing. I removed the SIM but was connected to wifi and now Facetime starts placing facetime calls. Trust me all this happened at 3:30 AM this morning, all of a sudden and creeped the heck out of me :)

Long story short, I badly need a phone and will be getting one as soon as the stores open today as I don't have any other backup :-(. I would love to get a Nexus 4 but its an year old and I cannot get one right away, so that's probably ruled out.

So between HTC one, Moto X & iphone 5 (Yes I am asking this on an android forum) which one would you guys recommend.

Don't give answers like it depends on your needs etc. Just tell me your opinion.

Peace
Serenemind

mcelmeel17

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a nexus 4 and I like the x more. Such a better feel in the hand and its just as smooth if not smoother. Also the camera seemed fine. I'd get the x my friend

Posted via Android Central App

anonymous495876038576

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I have been waiting to try the Moto X, the next Iphone and Note 3 and then decide which one to buy. I am not tied to one particular platform and love both android and iOS. I have been on android for the last 3 years.

I have tried:
HTC one and loved it but got bored of it really quick
GS4 except the display and camera I hated the phone (Cannot stand touchwiz)

So I went back to my iphone 4s and have been using it with iOS7 for the last 2+months. Last night the 4s fell in water and Siri has gone nuts ever since.
Siri places calls randomly; upon disabling Siri, voice control takes over and does the same thing. I removed the SIM but was connected to wifi and now Facetime starts placing facetime calls. Trust me all this happened at 3:30 AM this morning, all of a sudden and creeped the heck out of me :)

Long story short, I badly need a phone and will be getting one as soon as the stores open today as I don't have any other backup :-(. I would love to get a Nexus 4 but its an year old and I cannot get one right away, so that's probably ruled out.

So between HTC one, Moto X & iphone 5 (Yes I am asking this on an android forum) which one would you guys recommend.

Don't give answers like it depends on your needs etc. Just tell me your opinion.

Peace
Serenemind

What many of you seem to fail to mention/ask is if the op has a large investment in iTunes/apple ecosystem. If he is the I recommend the iPhone 5. Also if he depends on imessage or face time a lot. As those are only available on apple devices

Sent from my XT881 using AC Forums mobile app

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
What many of you seem to fail to mention/ask is if the op has a large investment in iTunes/apple ecosystem. If he is the I recommend the iPhone 5. Also if he depends on imessage or face time a lot. As those are only available on apple devices

Sent from my XT881 using AC Forums mobile app

he says he's been on android for the last 3 years.

serenemind

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for all the responses guys. I really appreciate it.
I got the moto X. Have played with it for 30 mins approx. I love stock android or almost stock android if you want me to be more specific.
Still setting up the phone. I will post more details about my experience as I get to use the phone more.

Thanks all again. Love these forums. I will miss the iPhone but the screen size of the moto x and how it feels in hand will keep me happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Which phone did the op get?

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Moto X Black 16GB

mcelmeel17

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the moto X. Have played with it for 30 mins approx. I love stock android or almost stock android if you want me to be more specific.
Still setting up the phone. I will post more details about my experience as I get to use the phone more.

Thanks all again. Love these forums. I will miss the iPhone but the screen size of the moto x and how it feels in hand will keep me happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Moto X Black 16GB

Good call my friend...I've played with it twice now and I'm smitten. I just don't want to sign a contract so I'm waiting on it to hit GP. My nexus 4 is gonna be getting dusty till KLP comes out 8)

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Moto X Black 16GB

I'm thinkin about this phone. Can u post screenshots if possible.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely hate iTunes. And I absolutely love the customization available with Android. I also don't trust that HTC will update the One as I believe Moto will update the X. And I love stock Android. So X all the way for me.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Good call my friend...I've played with it twice now and I'm smitten. I just don't want to sign a contract so I'm waiting on it to hit GP. My nexus 4 is gonna be getting dusty till KLP comes out 8)

I was able to purchase the phone outright and pair it to an AT&T prepaid wireless plan. $60 per month and the phone will almost pay for itself when compared to a $100 post paid contact after one year.

Sent from my Moto X

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
If I had to get a phone today and the phone that I wanted wasn't out(Note 3), I would buy a cheap 70-80 dollar Android phone that I could use on your carrier till the phone you wanted came out.