Anyone else get this yet?

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Went home for lunch and found a fedex box on my porch from the Moto guys:) Inside was a case, a skip and a note that said "We have you covered, Team Moto X). Pretty cool and all but I never ordered anything...I'm not one for phone cases but this one feels really nice and also has a very small lip to keep the screen raised when I set the phone down. It has the same exact feel that the phone does. No idea how they knew my address because I got my X from Verizon. They must have gotten my info from Moto Care or Moto Connect? I'm impressed.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, free swag?
Amazing.

On a similar note, Wife just went on line and configured her new AT&T Moto X on Monday afternoon, late after 4pm, and it was delivered today, Wednesday before 10am, even though the expected delivery date was predicted to be 7 days. So realistically, it was sub 3 days, or almost exactly 40 hours. I'm impressed.

The trick might be to buy UP. She got the 32gig version, and maybe they don't have a backlog of customization requests for that model.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, gave it to the receptionist at work. It turned out to be a slippery case but the fit was very nice. I may play with the skip but it seems like a silly idea to me. I wonder if they were giving the cases away because they weren't selling?
Pic of the case on the phone?

DustyBottoms

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, gave it to the receptionist at work. It turned out to be a slippery case but the fit was very nice. I may play with the skip but it seems like a silly idea to me. I wonder if they were giving the cases away because they weren't selling?

So it's a lot slippery than the phone? I had high hopes when you said it felt just like the phone.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
So it's a lot slippery than the phone? I had high hopes when you said it felt just like the phone.

I honestly thought that it did for about the first hour to and then I realized that it isn't really tacky and it is kind of slippery. Not a bad looking case though a little large but not too bad. I usually don't use cases on my phones so when I saw that the receptionist had the white moto X I just handed it to her.

Posted via Android Central App

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Now I realize that the OP was the one bashing the hell out of the Moto X and saying the Droids were better. Before he got one and changed his tune. And you are the only one that got a free case from Moto?

I'd use the skip in the car to keep the phone unlocked. Makes more sense than trying to keep it attached to your clothes every day.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Wife has skip on the lip of her purse pocket. So its always handy when she whips the phone out. (Not that she ever puts the phone down).

The dots she pasted at her desk.

I've been playing with the dots as well using an app from the market to launch tasks on my HTC ONE X. Some of those apps just need s unique id form the NFC chip and they don't care what else is on the chip.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2