Is "ok google now" supposed to work without wifi?

V T

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I recently got the Moto X and I am loving the "ok google now" voice command feature. There is just one problem. Whenever I try to use it when I'm not connected to wifi it gives me a "cannot reach google" error message. I feel like this is a glitch because it would mean that navigation and such would stop working as soon as I'm away from my home wifi. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

V

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I recently got the Moto X and I am loving the "ok google now" voice command feature. There is just one problem. Whenever I try to use it when I'm not connected to wifi it gives me a "cannot reach google" error message. I feel like this is a glitch because it would mean that navigation and such would stop working as soon as I'm away from my home wifi. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

V
You need a data connection, mobile or wifi, to use Google Now. It needs to connect with the Google server to provide the appropriate response and/or action. So if you have a data connection it should work fine.

V T

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
You need a data connection, mobile or wifi, to use Google Now. It needs to connect with the Google server to provide the appropriate response and/or action. So if you have a data connection it should work fine.

It still gives me the "can't reach google at the moment" error even though I'm connected via 3G. Is there a setting or something I need to change? (sorry, I'm still getting used to this phone)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87