11-04-2013 01:28 PM
239 12345 ...
tools
    To be fair, the original poster has posted a lot about the Moto X and owning one.

However, this thread is not about the Moto X. This thread doesn't seem to have a point other than to tell us that he got an iPhone. Well...good for him. That's irrelevant to this forum, though, and I'm not sure why he thinks we need to know. Maybe he just likes to see himself post.
    Give it a week before he finds something to start obsessively b*tching about with the iPhone. Seems like a trend for that guy
    JimBen73 likes this.
    09-22-2013 03:13 PM
    try watching a netflix/hbogo/whatever movie on both phones and tell me if you still think that, also, as to the bottom nav bar, if it bothers you, look around , you might find ways to hide it ;-)
    09-22-2013 03:16 PM
    Every LTE device can do simultaneous Voice and Data except the iPhone. Even on AT&T, the iPhone drops to HSPA while on a call.

Android phones have 3 antennas, the iPhone has 2. LTE and Voice share the same antenna on the iPhone.
    Does this also hold true for Sprint's CDMA network? All LTE phones are capable of simultaneous voice and data except the iPhones?
    09-22-2013 03:33 PM
    Does this also hold true for Sprint's CDMA network? All LTE phones are capable of simultaneous voice and data except the iPhones?
    Yes. Even the OG Evo did in 2010 (WiMAX).
    hodan likes this.
    09-22-2013 03:34 PM
    wow, just checked, it *is* only 4G. Why is that?
    Sprint and Verizon use CDMA ..and CDMA network by design does not support data and voice simultaneously .. this is not fault of any handset .. that's how CDMA was designed .. When Verizon and sprint added 4glte support simultaneous data and voice became possible because the voice calls take place on CDMA network and data transmission on there 4g LTE network this requires special antenna architecture to maintain both CDMA and lte actively ..which iPhone doesn't and most of the android phones have it .

Posted via Android Central App
    09-22-2013 03:36 PM
    lol. . Yeah, to see them and think they're practically identical is to be blind as a bat.

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/E9..._vs-iphone.jpg
    The X is noticeably taller and noticeably wider, but other than that I'd say the size is identical.
    tonymhoffman likes this.
    09-22-2013 03:39 PM
    Sprint and Verizon use CDMA ..and CDMA network by design does not support data and voice simultaneously .. this is not fault of any handset .. that's how CDMA was designed .. When Verizon and sprint added 4glte support simultaneous data and voice became possible because the voice calls take place on CDMA network and data transmission on there 4g LTE network this requires special antenna architecture to maintain both CDMA and lte actively ..which iPhone doesn't and most of the android phones have it .
    Except in the few cases of SVDO. Either way, the iPhone should support it. Once VoLTE rolls out, it won't matter.
    09-22-2013 03:40 PM
    I'm not entirely sure on this, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong. With 4G phones there are multiple radios in the phone, 1 for data and 1 for voice which allows for simultaneous voice/data. Where as 3G phones only have 1 radio which is not capable of doing both voice and data together.
    but my phone does it only *while* on 4G but not on 3G even though it's the same phone, so it still has as many radios. And my old Palm Pre was 3G and did voice calling and web functions.
    09-22-2013 03:48 PM
    But you don't come on here and call people names. Just because he said something that may or may not be true, and you don't agree with his opinion, is not a reason to call him a moron. Chill out!

BTW, he is correct about the webpage.
    I jumped the gun but I get annoyed lol its my fault on that one.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-22-2013 04:03 PM
    i still havent seen a single comment which points to he/she being a big fan. infact i even doubt if that person owns a Moto X
    Good thing the world is not based on your doubts then. He is a well documented Moto X guy who loved his device. I had many a negative word with him about the Moto X.

He had a very bad expierience with Moto X care. In fact, he still owns his Moto X, and is looking to sell it.
    09-22-2013 05:08 PM
    Hilarious thread! 3 pages into it and we still have no idea why the OP thinks the iPhone 5s has such a great camera. It just goes to show that you can start a thread with a few simple words saying nothing and it will fly for a while.

O.P., what is it about the iPhone 5s camera that makes it better than the Moto X camera?
    09-22-2013 05:47 PM
    But you don't come on here and call people names. Just because he said something that may or may not be true, and you don't agree with his opinion, is not a reason to call him a moron. Chill out!

BTW, he is correct about the webpage.
    Correct about the webpage? In width too? Cause the Moto X looks wider to me in the photo posted ealier in this thread.
    09-22-2013 05:54 PM
    You realize, with the button bar on the Moto X, the usable screen space is pretty much identical...right?
    When it matters, such as when I'm playing games, watching YouTube videos or on-device videos, the buttons disappear. And as a result, I have a MUCH larger amount of screen than the iPhone.
    09-22-2013 05:58 PM
    When it matters, such as when I'm playing games, watching YouTube videos or on-device videos, the buttons disappear. And as a result, I have a MUCH larger amount of screen than the iPhone.
    A lot of games I played turned the buttons into dots, they didn't go away. YouTube does go to full screen though, which is nice.
    09-22-2013 06:02 PM
    Hilarious thread! 3 pages into it and we still have no idea why the OP thinks the iPhone 5s has such a great camera. It just goes to show that you can start a thread with a few simple words saying nothing and it will fly for a while.

O.P., what is it about the iPhone 5s camera that makes it better than the Moto X camera?
    Because it is, hands down. The Moto X camera is flat out BAD. I do not own a single crApple product, never have, never will. That said, only a blind fanboi would call the Moto X camera good. It's less than decent, and mostly vomit worthy.

This point has not been lost on a single review, and is ahot topic in Google+. Even Moto knows the camera blows.
    09-22-2013 06:20 PM
    Because it is, hands down. The Moto X camera is flat out BAD. I do not own a single crApple product, never have, never will. That said, only a blind fanboi would call the Moto X camera good. It's less than decent, and mostly vomit worthy.

This point has not been lost on a single review, and is ahot topic in Google+. Even Moto knows the camera blows.
    Which makes this thread even more pointless.
    Oofa likes this.
    09-22-2013 06:27 PM
    A lot of games I played turned the buttons into dots, they didn't go away. YouTube does go to full screen though, which is nice.
    wow, you just cant admit of being wrong, can you?
    09-22-2013 06:29 PM
    wow, you just cant admit of being wrong, can you?
    Which part in what you quoted was incorrect? I've already stated the size is slightly larger than I recalled.
    Paisley likes this.
    09-22-2013 06:32 PM
    20% is not "slightly larger" , you have seen the comparison photo posted, anyways, good luck to you with whatever phone you really have. out.
    09-22-2013 06:44 PM
    20% is not "slightly larger" , you have seen the comparison photo posted, anyways, good luck to you with whatever phone you really have. out.
    Avoidance. Quickest way to proclaim ignorance. Just to be clear, are you stating that the usable screen space on the Moto X is 20% greater than the iPhone? Do you have a reference for that figure?

I calculate about 5% larger diagonal (10% total area) with the Moto X, comparing usable screen space, of course.
    09-22-2013 06:59 PM
    How do people flip flop between android and apple so much. I mean you get kind of invested in an ecosystem unless you never buy apps or content.
    09-22-2013 07:18 PM
    comparing usable screen space
    What the hell is "usable screen space"? Every bit of the screen space on the Moto X is "usable" in some way, including the navigation and notification bars. They both have specific, dedicated uses. Furthermore, those bars aren't always present, so if you're counting those in your measurements, then that's not an accurate assessment of the screen space.
    09-22-2013 07:25 PM
    What the hell is "usable screen space"? Every bit of the screen space on the Moto X is "usable" in some way, including the navigation and notification bars. They both have specific, dedicated uses. Furthermore, those bars aren't always present, so if you're counting those in your measurements, then that's not an accurate assessment of the screen space.
    Dedicated screen space for buttons is not usable. I understand they go away for some games and videos, but the rest of the time...there they are. Using valuable screen space for buttons is one of the worst design decisions Google has made (its absolutely horrendous on a Nexus 7 in landscape mode). I much preferred the capacitive touch buttons.
    09-22-2013 07:32 PM
    Dedicated screen space for buttons is not usable.
    Except that the screen space is used...for buttons. People use that part of the screen when they press the buttons. You do understand what the word "usable" means, right? Saying that part of the screen is "not usable" suggests that it's completely dead--no buttons, no display, nothing at all.
    hodan likes this.
    09-22-2013 07:37 PM
    If I were going to put some math down to compare the screen areas... I'd say that the Moto X has a screen area of 9.44" and the 5s has an area of 6.84", thus the Moto X is 38% larger in terms of area.
    It's almost exactly 17.5% taller and 17.5% wider, given that they're both 16:9 devices.

Moto X screen 4.1"*2.3"=9.44"
    iPhone 5s screen 3.49"&1.96"=6.84"
    9.44"-6.84"=2.6"
    2.6"/6.84"=38%
    09-22-2013 07:37 PM
239 12345 ...