Moto X or HTC One

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Well, the "specs" are available for that reason ... to compare between models!, However if we focus the points that you mentioned...

- Perfect size: what you operate is the display and both models have the same size (4.7"). Although the width of the HTC One is little bigger (0.12"), it is almost imperceptible.
- Touchless control&active notifications: both are pretty much the same, but yeah ... are strengths of the Moto X
- Very close to a Google stock phone: why you take Google phones as the benchmark?
- US made: how this has to do with the phone performance?
- Great screen: you are wrong, HTC One has higher pixel density, better resolution, better protection and enhance user interface
- Motorola radio inside: could you explain how does it help improve the user experience?
- After the last update it's a near perfect phone: about what update are you talking about? ... the OS?

I am not a fan of HTC, but the One is a great phone...

Regards

well, im sure you love your htc one, but when you ask a question like "- Motorola radio inside: could you explain how does it help improve the user experience?" i dont know how to respond to that, an i will reffer you to: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x/308805-rant-about-specs.html
have fun

frooglepoopillion

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Again you are going strictly with on paper specs and not actual use. The N5 won't have active notifications, it won't have Motorola connect, it won't have Moto assist, or always listening. These features once used, are so valuable that they far outshine specs. Not to mention the perfect size and the battery life which far exceeds the One or S4. There are many ex ONE and S4 users who have ditched either or both of those for the Moto X and not looked back. The customization of the exterior is just a bonus for those that are interested in that kind of thing.
The Nexus 5 is rumored to have always listening and touchless control with 4.4. MotoAssist is nice but Sense comes with similar functionality and if that is important to you there are apps that will do the same thing. MotoConnect is nice but not a deal breaker for me personally. As far as the size goes that is highly subjective. I have had zero issues with battery life under normal circumstances and generally speaking have 40-60% left after a full day of moderate usage without Battery Saver or any third party app. Don't get me wrong, I would love a Moto X but not for $600. The One offers a a superior camera, superior audio (seriously, Beats is amazing), and one of (if not the) best displays on the market. Either way, I we're splitting hairs at this point as both are amazing devices. I don't think you can really go wrong with the One, Note 3, S4, or Moto X as they all have some nice offerings for different people. If you value audio and camera features, go One. If you value near tablet functionality go Note 3, if you want a jack-of-all trades type phone go S4, and if you value the touchless features with vanilla Android go X. IMO they are all good phones, but I personally prefer the One. The X would be a close second, maybe a first if it was $50-100 cheaper.

Enrique2SIM

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
well, im sure you love your htc one, but when you ask a question like "- Motorola radio inside: could you explain how does it help improve the user experience?" i dont know how to respond to that, an i will reffer you to: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x/308805-rant-about-specs.html
have fun

Hi,

Thanks for the link! It helps me a lot to understand what many other fellows think about the "specs"... however, I do not find any other way to compare two different handsets at a first look.

Regards

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the link! It helps me a lot to understand what many other fellows think about the "specs"... however, I do not find any other way to compare two different handsets at a first look.

Regards

Specs don't tell the whole story. A phone could have top of the line specs but if the OS is not optimized to the hardware then you will have problems 3 to 6 months down the road. Android consumers have been conditioned to expect the latest/greatest specs and turn their nose up at anything that doesn't meet those expectations.

When comparing two different handsets, I would rely more on professional reviews or consumer reviews. The Moto X is trying to force people to think differently about how specs are perceived.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Jbecknell

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Have to agree. The sound quality of the one is the best I've heard on a smartphone. And while I am a fan of the amoled display of the moto x, the one's better color reproduction and pixel density are tough to ignore.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Have to agree. The sound quality of the one is the best I've heard on a smartphone. And while I am a fan of the amoled display of the moto x, the one's better color reproduction and pixel density are tough to ignore.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

how about you post here : HTC One - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com where people that own htc post? us, the moto x owners, love our machine,we all got it here, you love your phone. bye.

Enrique2SIM

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Specs don't tell the whole story. A phone could have top of the line specs but if the OS is not optimized to the hardware then you will have problems 3 to 6 months down the road. Android consumers have been conditioned to expect the latest/greatest specs and turn their nose up at anything that doesn't meet those expectations.

When comparing two different handsets, I would rely more on professional reviews or consumer reviews. The Moto X is trying to force people to think differently about how specs are perceived.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Hi mate,

Interesting perspective! Could you name some sites or resources where I can find professional reviews?

Thanks in advance

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
anandtech moto x review

This is probably one of the better reviews. It is a long read and can get pretty technical but well worth the detailed information it conveys. The section on Internal Storage Performance is especially insightful.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Actually the HTC was the one I might have got if not been for the Moto X.The Moto X just fit my preferences better,and over a month later still feel this way.I feel the Moto X is underated(from some of reviews) but us owners of it know better :)

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the moto x and specs mean absolutely zero IMO.
I had the Far better specd S4 and that phone was nothing but a lag machine.
It did Nothing smoothly. The moto X has less specs and performs 3x more smooth than the S4.
But, everyone says the HTC one is smooth as silk too.
I love the moto X more than any android phone I have ever tried. The feature set is USEFUL, not a bunch of fluff like S4 packs into the phone.
Moto X has unique features that I use daily. Moto connect us awesome. The driving assist works perfectly.
I can't say enough good things about it.

Posted via Android Central App

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
After years of abuse with stock android u can keep it. Lg G2 10x times better then HTC one or the X.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk